suntour superbe pro - JIS or ISO?

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As in the title! The BB in my razesa has a superbe pro spindle, and I think suntour used both JIS and ISO at various times. A shimano chainset seems to go on quite a long way, just pushing them together by hand. I didn't try bolting them together, but it looks like the crank might bottom out. Not sure if that's just the crank taper that's worn though.

Can anyone confirm the spindle taper?

Thanks!

Re:

I recall reading somewhere that Superbe Pro spindles were Superbe Pro taper which was as near as damn it ISO but with a very slightly shorter taper. It certainly isn't JIS on mine and my Super Record cranks fit on just the same as on a Campag spindle and vice versa.

It might well depend on the date of your spindle though.

Mark.

I'd forgotten about the possibility of a suntour taper, but I knew there was something "odd" about suntour BBs and cranks :?

Mark, do you have any more info on the suntour taper? I measured the spindle the other day, and from memory it's 109mm too, not the 112 stated on velobase. Will check again later though.

I think if the cranks I have for the bike fit it OK then I'll just go ahead and use it anyway - the races are starting to wear, so there's no point saving it, and it will have minimal light use anyway.

Any more info would be great though, it's always nice to learn something new about bike bits :LOL:

I upgraded to the sealed bearing stronglight never had a problem with fit and they did some very tough racing well it was tough for me lol.

Back