Who made Suntour Superbe Pro headsets ?

squirrelchaser

Old School Grand Master
In my search for Superbe Pro parts I've got as far as looking at headsets . There are 2 that are on fleabay at the moment , one described as nos and one that may be used but has the box . Both of them state that they have Hatta Swan parts . I was curious if this is just coincidence or weather Hatta Swan made the headsets for Suntour , given that quite a bit of the early Superbe / pro stuff was made by other companies . Does anyone have a definitive answer ? I can't find anywhere that does but I'm no expert .

Can’t answer your question with much authority, but the top cup in particular reminds me of the Hatta Swan ones.
I’ve got two versions…

Attachments

• 6FC99C10-014F-4C5E-956A-E2DB34291B17.jpeg
    6FC99C10-014F-4C5E-956A-E2DB34291B17.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 40FECCE2-2510-40BF-9AD8-DE488C754B2F.jpeg
    40FECCE2-2510-40BF-9AD8-DE488C754B2F.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 7
Can’t answer your question with much authority, but the top cup in particular reminds me of the Hatta Swan ones.
I’ve got two versions…
Thanks Mat , I'm ignorant of the Hatta Swan, beyond the ones on Dawes Galaxies . Velobase has only one on and thats steel . The NJS Export site has loads but they're not picture in such a way as to give clues .
The more I find out the less I know I know !

I think these are alloy, but with steel upper races, at least the earlier one (right hand picture) has a steel top race.

Back