Suntour SE XC self energizing cantis NOS £8.99 SJS cycles

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View

Don't tell everyone that! They have only been selling them since the year dot for that price!

Think of all those poor ebay chancers who buy them in bulk and try to sell them as nos for £50 a pair plus postage!

So cruel.
I had no idea about these - just thought they sounded cheap - I’m a snob and would only use XC pro - these are for the peasantry 😂

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I think i bought 2 pairs at £6.99 a couple of years back....when they also did replacement m732 freehubs for £14.99.

Its a shop i have a permanent open shopping basket for !

I think they were the upgrade / side step / asking for disaster ( delete as required) for the xc pro groupset.....

Even better on the front, where the internal helix actually fights you as you struggle to apply the brake!

Yes, you don't put them on the front, unless you get the original makers* front specific one, not suntour's.
They made a matching normal Suntour one for the set.

*Better add for people who don't know them SCOTT SE brakes (or Scott Pedersen Self Energising...).

Last edited:
I had no idea about these - just thought they sounded cheap - I’m a snob and would only use XC pro - these are for the peasantry 😂
I bought these from SJS last year with the intention of putting them onto a Suntour XC Pro build once I get the right frame. They are aligned in terms of quality despite the price suggesting they are cheap crap.

They are xc pro. They were £4.99 for ages. Very good brakes actually if a little heavy. They also sell the Suntour yokes and straddle cables. Bought and sold a shed load of these on eBay over the years ..mainly to buyers in Germany. ..I am such a chancer 🤣

Back