Wanted Suntour ARX GT long cage derailleur

hjd10

Retro Newbie
Hi,
I'm after a Suntour long cage derailleur that will take a 32-tooth freewheel. This is for a 1985 Raliegh Clubman therefore the original derailleur is a Suntour ARX, I'd like something similar.

Thank you.

Howie

How about a SunTour Vx GT from 1981? It’s in nice original condition and would clean up very nicely. The Vx is the all-alloy version of the ARx I think; although I’d be happy be corrected.
2D6D8514-BD98-467E-941B-B44AE6E05BEC.jpeg 96DD77A0-D63F-4B52-9FD0-9592719DD86D.jpeg

Quite possibly you're already sorted now, but I have a Suntour ARX long cage, which although not the GT version of the derailleur still has a pulley cage of decent size. It would probably be classed by some as a medium cage size (Suntour class it as long cage, with the GT versions of mechs they have presumably being extra large) but it can still take up to a 34t max cog size, and possibly would get you a more original look to your bike as it's still the ARX model.

I think I sold that one but I’m pretty sure I’ve got an other one or two and at least one with Raleigh branding. I’ll away just now so I’ll have a look after the weekend.

Back