Suggestions for kit bag (puncture repair) on rides

rearwheel

Retro Guru
Hi, I'm trying to minimise weight for when out on my rides. I currently have a waist bag in which I put all my kit - mini pump, inner tube, puncture repair kit, multitool, allen keys set, phone.

Ideally, I guess it'd be good to have a small frame bag in which to put everything.

Any tips for minimising weight and avoiding a waist bag would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Re:

A cycling jersey.
Pockets for all I need. Pump, spare, repair kit, chain tool, spoke key, chainring bolt tool, small length of gear cable and an Allen key set up to 8mm.
Still enough space for phone, wallet, keys and some food.

Depends really on how much you need to carry.
The above is enough for my rides but I don't do touring

Mike

Better to have nothing in contact with the body IMO other than clothes - more comfortable.

I guess a mini frame bag to go below the front part of the top tube would do it.

Another option I saw was to put everything into a water bottle and have it in the 2nd water bottle slot.

A small camel back (or other brand) bag. Some liquid refreshment and the tools/spares you need should fit into one nicely.

Re:

I use a Topeak Aero Wedge. Easy to take on and off (no clamps etc to attach to the saddle rails) and enough room for a tube, tyre leavers, small pump, multi-tool and some cake money :D

Contents of my kit. Most youll recognise buin addition
- hacksaw blade for sawing and sharpened for slicing
- piece of plastic milk bottle for fixing tyre cuts
- cable ties
- narrow strip of inner tyre for misc tying purposes

.... and yest the blackburn multi tool has allen keys but they are of lower quality than individual ones that i take in order to lessen risk of rounding bolts.
Only thing missing is flat bladed screwdriver for mech adjustment but the blackburn tool has one which may or may not fit.

Attachments

• CAM00026-1.jpg
    CAM00026-1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 647
I had a wedge until it came off losing house keys and toolkit. Never again. Now trust only velcro straps not plastic clips.

02gf74":3ucjcj4v said:
I had a wedge until it came off losing house keys and toolkit. Never again. Now trust only velcro straps not plastic clips.

That's not good. Mines got both but will pay close attention

Latest posts

Back