StumpJumper S works team 15.5 size SOLD

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
SOLD for £550 posted

Will look at swaps/px for interesting road bike/road components frame etc PM me with any interest please

Decided I'm just not getting the off road riding in these days and spending all my riding time on the road or on one of my CX bikes, so this is gorgeous beast is being offered up for sale.
Build has been a labour of love, with quite a few parts having to be imported. There are build option changes to suit buyer and will split if enough interest in the bulk of the parts.

Frame is a Triple butted Tange Prestige Steel 1994 S works, in the uncommon smaller size and 1-1/8th head tube, with the rarer still S-Works Feather Ahead rigid fork, which weighs little over 600g. Pictures show it set up for me at 5 foot seven.
They only made this frame with 1-1/8th head tube for a short while, then went back to one inch, before discontinuing in favour of the M4 Alloy frame which superseded the M2.

Wheelsets: comes with two options, M730 Black hubs on new Mavic rims with triple butted DT spokes like new running grade 10 ball bearings, so very slick. also a near mint M560 Black hubs Sub Rhino-lite dark blue rims, very little use, which would enable you to run 8 speed if you wanted.

Also can come with Suntour 8 speed Thumbies, CNC Mr Control brake levers and 8 speed unused Cassette.
Red S Works Skewers plus Black Allen bolt type included.

S Works 120mm zero rise Titanium stem with Titanium bolts.

Cassette is a 12-26 7 speed Ultra light road along with 600 short cage mech, as run by the Spesh racers of that period. But New 12-28 also included.

Shifters are Shimano prototype Sti's in Xtr grey, but not XTR, these are lighter and only 7 speed. Also comes with Suntour XC expert 7/8 speed and Mr Control black CNC brake levers. Sub 100g the pair)

S - works Tahoma seatpost with WTB made perforated leather and Ti railed Pro-Long saddle at 200g Paid £130 for this from the US!

NOS S-Works Strong arm crankset with M91 BB Again bought from the USA at over £120 with duty.

Ground Control Kevlar folding tyres.

Brakes are M900 with all Titanium bolts.

S Works Cartridge Headset, again US import

Sub 100g Carbon bar, but also have a very light Red S-Works Aluminium bar option.

Nearly all the bolts have been replaced with Titanium.

I can swap the wheelset to 8 speed with Suntour 8 speed thumbies and some light CNC brakelevers, in black if you prefer 8 speed?

Build as pictured is a straight 22 pounds all up weight.

Would do just the bike for £550 posted, without the extra parts, which can be chopped and changed

There are around £150 worth of Titanium bolts on the build and the other parts would fetch another £150-£200 available if tou wanted as an option/

The bike rides like a dream and is immaculate all through.

First come first serve interest on here first, Not splitting for at least a week or two.

Pics:-

Re:

if any interested in splitting for various parts let me know, can do more detailed pic's if anyone is interested.

Re:

These forks, with new internals and mint condition would come with it, included in the price, if you really must have FS, but the Direct Drive feather forks take all the sting out of the trail and are very light.

Re:

Option to buy bike without additional parts added, which can be bought seperately or swapped. PM me with interest please, this needs to go.

Re:

That's a lovely bike, and I don't have a working stumpy at the moment, just a frame, but I don't think I have near £550 worth of road parts left to offer for it. It deserves a good home and to be ridden- good luck with the sale!

Re: Re:

damianw":1m6vlicl said:
That's a lovely bike, and I don't have a working stumpy at the moment, just a frame, but I don't think I have near £550 worth of road parts left to offer for it. It deserves a good home and to be ridden- good luck with the sale!

What have you got? You never know! Need all sorts 3 builds on the go.

Back