Wanted Strong wheels! 36/36 spokes 126 rear spacing shimano cassette

narcotitlan

Rocky Mountain Fan
Hi all,

I'm looking for a pair of strong wheels to tour with this spring/summer.

These are the requirements:

36/36 spokes (could possibly go 32 on the front)
126 rear spacing
Ideally a shimano rear hub, that has a freehub body (for use with cassettes rather than freewheel). Something like a Shimano 600 would be amazing. Rims - anything as long as strong and good condition. Mavic etc.

Even just the rear wheel would be a start.

Thanks!

I've an excellent set of Mavic ceramic on Ultegra 600 tricolour hubs, 36 double butted Rear is an Open SUP, the front is an Open Pro. On one side of the rear rim there's a missing bit of the ceramic coating and there's some of the CD coating missing above the braking line from a misaligned pad, otherwise they're both in lightly used condition. I bought these from a guy in Germany some years back with the idea to transfer the rims to an 8/9/10 speed hubset but I ended up finding some Dura Ace 7700+Ceramic so these have sat in the spare room since.

Hub is 7 Speed HG/UG hybrid freehub body -126mm OLN
The rims runs true and hubs spin up smoothly, original QR skewers present and in great condition.
If the Magamium tyres are any good I can leave them on and include the tubes as well, either way price is the same as I have no use for the tyres

£140 collected (North Herts), £154 posted incl full insurance, DSCF6399.JPG
DSCF6361.JPG
DSCF6396.JPG

I have the below wheels if you'd fancy something a bit less exotic than the above ones:

The rims are Campag Omega Strada XL Hardox and hubs are Shimano Exage. Pretty excellent condition with the rims showing minimal brake wear and hub bearings very clean too.
If you're interested I can work out a price.
Nb also have a second one of the front wheels which has a Shimano 600 hub, if that would make the pair more interesting to you.

Back