Stringfellow1946

Hello and welcome Lee. Such sad news and we hope you can find some sanctuary here and continue your dads passion.

Chris

Re:

Welcome to the forum Lee.

I hope you can continue to find pleasure, and solace in what was your dad's passion.

Re: Re:

NeilM":3drdswck said:
Welcome to the forum Lee.

I hope you can continue to find pleasure, and solace in what was your dad's passion.

I'd second that, Welcome and deepest condolences

Re:

Sad news, I always looked forward to Stringfellow's posts and his willingness to share his knowledge with the rest of us. RIP

He had a great eye for the bikes. Everytime he would post a bike, I would say to myself , yes I would have bought that - The super confex colnago and buckler colnago spring to mind.

I hope you get to finish the Look TVT from 1986 at some stage.

regards,

Pat

Jamiedyer":28air8s7 said:
Hi Lee
I, like many others and obviously non as much as yourself was so very sorry to hear of your Dads passing. He was as much a part of this place as anyone and a great font of knowledge. He had some really beautiful builds.
I'm glad to hear you were there building away with him and hopefully you will be keeping up and looking after/riding these builds.
Hope you've had a good Christmas and New Year, whilst knowing how hard it will have been.
All the best
Jamie

Thanks Jamie, the bikes are precious to us, I wont be riding them :) they much too nice for that and most are way too big for me.

Re: Re:

cloonaghpat":308qcg34 said:
Sad news, I always looked forward to Stringfellow's posts and his willingness to share his knowledge with the rest of us. RIP

He had a great eye for the bikes. Everytime he would post a bike, I would say to myself , yes I would have bought that - The super confex colnago and buckler colnago spring to mind.

I hope you get to finish the Look TVT from 1986 at some stage.

regards,

Pat

Thanks Pat,

I hope to get a low pro (Super Confex) and the ADR Bottecchia finished. I laced the wheels under Stringfellows watchful eye and still need to get them tensioned. All a bit busy at the moment but I'll post pictures when done. The Looks were done when dad was still here.

Back