STOLEN DEKERF LOCATED IN MI, NEED YOUR HELP TO RECOVER!

Mr. Zero

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all,

I've just located a friend's stolen DeKerf Generation on the Detroit, MI Craigslist and am asking if there are any MI RetroBikers that are willing to help recover it. Here's some background:

Rick G. purchased his DeKerf Generation directly from DeKerf back in 1998 while we were both working at Ride-On Sports in El Paso, TX. He and I took a lot of time, as we all do, to build the bike to compliment his riding style and his particular component tastes.

Time goes on and Rick moves a few times. The last move was from the Ann Arbor, MI area during which the DeKerf was stolen.

I've been browsing the Craigslist nationally since then, for both that DeKerf and my stolen Bridgestone CB-Zip and last night I hit paydirt. Unfortunately I'm out in Las Vegas, NV and Rick is down in Charlotte, NC and we're both worried that his bike will change hands before we are able to recover it.

If you live in the Ann Arbor, MI or Detroit, MI area and are willing to help us out PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PM ME!

I know we've got a great community here and I'm hoping someone can help. Thanks!

--Jason

Re:

Apologies if this isn't a very hip thing to suggest Jason, but wouldn't it be best to report it to the local police, rather than calling in the Retrobike vigilantes?

Re:

Nope, I'm certainly not seeking or suggesting any form of vigilantism. I'm simply seeking the help of someone that may be in the area to purchase the bike back. Unfortunately the police don't seem to be all that interested in the matter and I also don't know that the individual selling the bike has any knowledge of its background.

I'm just seeking a little assistance in making the purchase since the seller doesn't seem keen to sell and ship beyond his immediate area.

Back