Steyning Cycle Jumble 25th Jan

Mike Muz 67":19e0bttu said:
Oh dear !

It was a pretty shyte day for riding I have to say . I went to Highdown Tea Rooms with my parents , for a belated birthday treat . Far more civilised . Somewhere I expect to see Bob , Paul or GR sometime as it's local to them . Hey lads , how about a ride that ends there ?

I GOT IT :shock: . What I need for that saddle is a nice cheap Ritchey P20 , like someone has posted in the readers bikes >1997 section . Any of you 'orrible lot selling ? :LOL:
Mike

That sounds relatively easy then.. for the Selle Regal I bought (dark brown, snakeskin or whatever) I think I need something like a Willier Triestina in Cromovelato, which will be about as easy as getting a Pinarello Montello in my size....

Looking at your (strava?) map , it seems to me that you went back for seconds of cake and custard mate :LOL: :LOL:
Yes I reckon I can pick one of those bikes up at the local tip sometime , or chained to a Brighton lamp post with the front wheel missing , the back wheel pringled and a rusty chain wrapped around the b/b .
Still I'd rather have that than a Klein :LOL: :facepalm:
Faor your saddle , how about doing a rat bike ? There was a Kona one on the forum a while back , looked realy cool I thought . Can't for the life of me find it again though :roll:

Mike Muz 67":1ocgoxfb said:
Yes I reckon I can pick one of those bikes up at the local tip sometime , or chained to a Brighton lamp post with the front wheel missing , the back wheel pringled and a rusty chain wrapped around the b/b .
Still I'd rather have that than a Klein :LOL: :facepalm:

What's with your Klein beef? Got overtaken by someone on one in 1990 and still haven't got over it :roll:

Merely being playful . Having said that , I'd rather ride any of my bikes than a klein, and I would enjoy it more . As you have no idea of my racing history , and having not been riding with me , I'll take that comment as a joke . need to lighten up buddy

Mike Muz 67":23tu5rrq said:
Merely being playful . Having said that , I'd rather ride any of my bikes than a klein, and I would enjoy it more.

So you keep saying in other threads, I get it, there's brands I don't like, do I randomly diss them in threads? no, I got better things to do with my time.

And where do I mention your race history?

The comment was made to someone other than you who wouldn't take offence . Was just a response to your theory about being overtaken by someone on one of those bikes . Maybe I should pm a fellow retro rider if there is a risk of offending someone. But to me at least it's nothing more than light hearted banter.

Mike Muz 67":1m0hgdaq said:
Oh dear !

It was a pretty shyte day for riding I have to say . I went to Highdown Tea Rooms with my parents , for a belated birthday treat . Far more civilised . Somewhere I expect to see Bob , Paul or GR sometime as it's local to them . Hey lads , how about a ride that ends there ?

A ride that ends at teh top of a hill .... Let me think about that one

If we met for a rid at goring station, the highdown tea rooms would be on the downhill, homeward bound leg of my patching loop.... With pubs too...

Back