Steyning Cycle Jumble 25th Jan

Wasn't a bad turn out of stuff, really, plus I managed to come away with money left over!

I didn't get sorted for a table but never mind, looks like it had been booked fully anyhow.

We went for cake, as well.

So BCM / others, what did you buy?

Would it be possible to organise a group retro bike table at one of these jumbles in the future? I have a load of old nic nacs (bike nic nacs not the nice n spicy nik naks) that aren't worth putting on ebay.

Really pushed the boat out this time , I got a bikes worth of Kool Stop canti pads for £1 , and a roll of yellow insulating tape for 50p , that will go well on my road bike !
Bet you feel like you missed out now :LOL: :LOL:
Seriously though , you could spend a lot of money there , though a lot of it was road bike related .
A long time friend of mine had a Pinarello Montello bike for sale , immaculate it was , for £500 , and it sold just before DA-EVO could get a look in :roll: Better luck next time mate .
I have a carbon one for sale . You don't know you want it yet , but I'm sure you'll see the light one of these days ;) :LOL:

Mike

Mike Muz 67":2tp7od52 said:
Really pushed the boat out this time , I got a bikes worth of Kool Stop canti pads for £1 , and a roll of yellow insulating tape for 50p , that will go well on my road bike !
Bet you feel like you missed out now :LOL: :LOL:
Seriously though , you could spend a lot of money there , though a lot of it was road bike related .
A long time friend of mine had a Pinarello Montello bike for sale , immaculate it was , for £500 , and it sold just before DA-EVO could get a look in :roll: Better luck next time mate .
I have a carbon one for sale . You don't know you want it yet , but I'm sure you'll see the light one of these days ;) :LOL:

Mike

Oh well one will show up sooner or later... or later... and later....

I didn't know you had a Pinarello for sale ;)

Actually, I think Mr Muz stated one of the truest things about Retrobike I heard in a while following me buying a new seat... something along the lines of:

"Oh, thats a nice saddle, Think I might buy a bike to go with it".

bat40a6":3v3ve6xv said:
So BCM / others, what did you buy?

Would it be possible to organise a group retro bike table at one of these jumbles in the future? I have a load of old nic nacs (bike nic nacs not the nice n spicy nik naks) that aren't worth putting on ebay.

Anyone interested in doing our own 'Retrobike SE' swap / jumble somewhere?

:LOL: :LOL:
it's not at the moment , but I can always get some stickers and put a 1 in front of the asking price :roll:
Well , there are some lovely saddles around . I bought one only last week for a bike that already has one . I didn't even know I was looking for one at the time . This one will look better on it , so I will have to buy another bike for the saddle I'm taking off :facepalm:
It's a red flite saddle , so lets have some funny suggestions please :roll:

Mike

Mike Muz 67":1mcmdgpg said:
:LOL: :LOL:
it's not at the moment , but I can always get some stickers and put a 1 in front of the asking price :roll:
Well , there are some lovely saddles around . I bought one only last week for a bike that already has one . I didn't even know I was looking for one at the time . This one will look better on it , so I will have to buy another bike for the saddle I'm taking off :facepalm:
It's a red flite saddle , so lets have some funny suggestions please :roll:

Mike

Red Flite eh... hmm..

Yes , the one pictured here ,

I 've bought a Flite genuine gel saddle in yellow/black/red that will look better IMO . May be 'orrible to sit on , but it will look good :LOL: :LOL:
And I'd rather not fcuk up a red Flite in good condition by binning it :roll: :oops:

Where did you go today Dylan ?
Mike

Attachments

• Kaitai Finally pt2.jpg
    Kaitai Finally pt2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 615
Mike Muz 67":qolet89y said:
Yes , the one pictured here ,

I 've bought a Flite genuine gel saddle in yellow/black/red that will look better IMO . May be 'orrible to sit on , but it will look good :LOL: :LOL:
And I'd rather not fcuk up a red Flite in good condition by binning it :roll: :oops:

Where did you go today Dylan ?
Mike

Ooh, too dark red... thought it would look OK on my road bike.

I went out to catch a cold, job done I think. http://www.strava.com/activities/109064431

Oh dear !

It was a pretty shyte day for riding I have to say . I went to Highdown Tea Rooms with my parents , for a belated birthday treat . Far more civilised . Somewhere I expect to see Bob , Paul or GR sometime as it's local to them . Hey lads , how about a ride that ends there ?

I GOT IT :shock: . What I need for that saddle is a nice cheap Ritchey P20 , like someone has posted in the readers bikes >1997 section . Any of you 'orrible lot selling ? :LOL:
Mike

Latest posts

Back