Steve_T's 1997 Rocky Mountain Equipe

Re:

Well, upon the arrival of the Miyata, I decided I had one bike too many, and offloaded the 94 Equipe, and this 97 will again be my daily rider.
The buyer didn't want the city jets, so they may go back on this, but I'm waiting on delivery of some Geax Booze Light's to see if the frame will take 2.3's.
(edit, 2.3's fit no problem, but scored the tires below!)
BOOZE_LIGHT.jpg

Re:

Was told it needed more red, and these just happened to turn up locally.

Needs more red in the cockpit, I will probably do grips or levers.

Ignore the stem/steerer/spacers, waiting for new stem before I do any cutting.

Oh, and saddle is new, Flite TT ti/carbon, and modern, but comfy, and too good of a deal to pass up.

20160803_194027.jpg

Re:

Like women (some, not my wife thankfully) obsess about shoes, I have a thing for tires.
Changed them back to more subdued skinwalls, Tioga Edge & TT, still need to give them a bath, but they're still in great shape!
Red grippers are going to someone who likes red a litle more than I do! ;)

20160806_162952.jpg

For a reasonable price I'll buy those nasty red cranks from you if your not liking them much , not interested in the tires though .. too fat for my style of riding the red is ok

RockiMtn":x1bz0xwo said:
but the cranks and fork! :roll:

what kind of canuck are you? red is AWESOME! :LOL:

file.php

file.php

That Altitude looks awesome buddy!
Fwiw, I'd go for red Panaracer Fires, 1.8, folding. Great off road tyres, and don't cost the earth

Mike

Street Racer":wvsm8hnj said:
For a reasonable price I'll buy those nasty red cranks from you if your not liking them much , not interested in the tires though .. too fat for my style of riding the red is ok

Who said they were for sale?

I like the red, cranks match the forks and seat post clamp, I just don't want to overdo it.

Hey devote dirtbag I thought they would look better on my Red RM Element !

I have been using the first version of of the red Turbine cranks for the last 17 years and can attest to their durability , although mine are faded with pant leg wear they have zero noticeable scratches on their faces.

The faded red cranks on my Element are the same as that first blue version.

Which brings me to my next question.. how much for the blue set in the background ? lmao hmm

Re: Re:

Steve_T":r4vodlpw said:
Oh, I know about their durability, you'll have to find your own though.

Steve_s_Phone_117.jpg

Now that photo is just tortuous! I'm looking for a pair! :facepalm:

Mike

Back