Steerer Tube Swap Shop - shorter for longer! NO SALES!

Hi, I need a 1-1/8th Alloy Crown & Steerer @ 215mm+ for some Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Bam's. I have 180mm available. I also have one other a similar length.

EDIT: Now sorted, got my new steerer and crown race collar from Pace.

Me: Threadless alloy Pace RC35 steerer, outer diameter 1,1/8", 280mm total length, 250mm exposed when installed in crown.

You: Threaded steel Pace RC35 steerer, outer diameter 1,1/8", 240mm total length, 210mm exposed when installed in crown. Longer is fine so long as there is a decent length thread section.

Happy to buy if you don't need/want this swap. In fact I would prefer to buy and keep my one, in case plans change in future.

Also need a good condition crown race collar.

Last edited:
Seeking threaded 1-1/8" Rock Shox Mag crown/steerer (pref 92 but will entertain others) at 174.8mm or longer.
I have one that's about 145mm.
Happy to discuss trade/sale/purchase if applicable.
Also happy to look at threadless, but will need to be quite long.

I have a Fox F80RLT 80mm fork with a 200mm steerer, looking to trade for one with a longer steerer. It's threadless and 1 1/8"

Anyone in Canada/North America have one to trade?

Hi, I've got what i think is a Mk1 RC35 which is a bit long, its 1in Threaded

Crown to top - 200mm
Total Length - 230mm
Thread Length - 40mm

Need something around 140mm C-T , so asuming 170mm total length. Can anyone help.

Also need a crown race collar.

Was wondering if i could get a local engineering firm to part off the excess and re-create the circlip groove, but someone told me its a butted steerer so not a good idea.

IMG_4042.jpg
Cheers Simon

Hi, I've got what i think is a Mk1 RC35 which is a bit long, its 1in Threaded

Crown to top - 200mm
Total Length - 230mm
Thread Length - 40mm

Need something around 140mm C-T , so asuming 170mm total length. Can anyone help.

Also need a crown race collar.

Was wondering if i could get a local engineering firm to part off the excess and re-create the circlip groove, but someone told me its a butted steerer so not a good idea.

View attachment 566694
Cheers Simon
If you can't find a swap then a long established bike shop should be able to cut the thread down the steerer further to suit your needs and cut to length.
I've also cut the bottom off an rst steerer and then put a groove in for the circlip, which works perfectly 👍
Pace still stock crown race so it's worth calling sophie

Back