Steerer tube lengths

LeeW

Dirt Disciple
I'm trying to source a pair of forks to build up a frame before the frame is here. I've seen some with a 7.5" steerer. I know the diameter is correct but I cannot find any information as to which steerer length is correct. Is 7.5 a long steerer for this bike ( see below ) If it's too long can it be spaced nicely or cut down and rethreaded....any advice welcome as I do not want to lose these forks if they will fit

Attachments

• Nail_FRS.jpg
    Nail_FRS.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6
Measure the height of the head tube, and find out the stack of the headset you plan on using and add the two together. That will give you the required steerer length. A threaded steerer that is too long can be cut down and the threads extended (though not all bike shops are equipped to do it these days)

Measure the height of the head tube, and find out the stack of the headset you plan on using and add the two together. That will give you the required steerer length. A threaded steerer that is too long can be cut down and the threads extended (though not all bike shops are equipped to do it these days)
The frame is in transit and will not be here until next week. But that's encouraging that the tube can be cut and threaded

Back