Steel Omega

The levers look very nice. How did you manage to remove the pins that connect the levers to the body? I wasn't aware you could actually remove the levers.

SAM_4158.jpg

SAM_4005.jpg

Yes the pins are pictured poking out in the second picture, you can see their location in the first picture. Those pins are removed with a short sharp (and heavy!) blow, bit scary especially on the plastic body. Be sure that the body is well supported as the first time I did it I broke the body. Pin pushes out from the inside out.

Ok, here we go:

So all cabled up now. I used silver outers and SS inners, Shimano down tube guides as they're much nicer than the black plastic Campag ones. So tape. What about the tape? Finally decided on purple, with purple anodised Cinelli bar plugs:

And on it all went. Wasn't too sure at first, it's very purple but in the small amount of time it's been on it's grown on me and the few people that have seen it too.

Also I decided before to put black alloy valve caps on but today realised that they are too conservative for the build so I put these "red" (actually more pink) caps on which tie in quite nicely with the paint.

Very nice build Tel, the engravings and polishing are stunning. How do you make those engravings?

And where did you get those campag hoods?

I can get you the hoods for £20 posted (UK) and I'm going to be gathering cranks together for engraving in October, news of that will be coming up soon.

Little before and after pic is in order here I think:

December 2011
P1130360.jpg

August 2013
SAM_4170.jpg

Back