Starting Out

I think its pretty important to build something to how you would ride it now not just bouncing of memories.

Always wanted a LTS and built it from bits that brought back lots of memories but I dont ride like that anymore so its just sat there and im cheesed off now that I didnt put it together as a X/C bike :roll:

Thanks you've all made me feel very welcome, I started riding MTB in 1991 and being 17 I couldn't afford all the nice bikes I used to desire. I bought a 'last year' rockhopper comp in about 92-93 for £400 that was two tone green and I lived and loved it. i guess I'm after the same vibe that I got back then and I would like to restore a bike to it's former glory. I've had enough money to buy the bikes within reason that I like since '98 or maybe '99 so I'd like to go a bit earlier probably '93 which is when I was mad on bikes.

My gut feeling is to start small maybe a Steel Kona fire mountain with some project 2's and dx thumbies etc.

What do you think?

nobby the sheep":19c4l8wt said:
got a medium cannondale killer v circa 1997 frame forks and stem you can have [freebie] its just getting in my way [only have small shed]

nobby that is a very kind offer but I don't yet feel that I'll have the commitment over the next 6 months to give it the justice it deserves. I aleady part own a pretty much original 1998 stumpjumper. I am building a 30ft workshop in March-April 09, I have 20ft of that cut out as a workshop. but at the moment I have three bikes crammed into my 6x8 shed and it's a pain.

Once supershed is off the ground I will give the retro build a good go. After looking at some other projects I've put the feelers out.

Thanks,
Bob.

Re: newbie

slinky182":205amgnj said:
Hours, or days and weeks?

Well what I wanted to say was spend all your spare time in front of the computer, but I don't wanna scare him off! :LOL:

I already do spend 17 hours + in front of a computer and retrocomp.co.uk is yet to get off the drawing board. Alongside my dream steel I'd like to refurb a Apple Mac G4 Cube...

mmmmmm apple

Back