Star Wars. The Force Awakens

Re: Re:

dyna-ti":1dpbixrq said:
Bought the dvd..
..couldnt wait for the end credits to roll.
The irony!

REKIBorter":1dpbixrq said:
it certainly needs more than one viewing before making an opinion.

It is not some intricate masterwork.

sinnerman":1dpbixrq said:
Star Wars can never remake that WOW.

They most likely won't for the old timers, but no reason the kids can't dig it.

videojetman":1dpbixrq said:
This film was amazing in iMax 3D.

Regardless of how good your home cinema set up is, this is a movie for the big screen indeed!

Re:

I liked it. All kids love it. Just a film, in the same way these are just bikes, but pretty good all the same. And this is coming from a guy with a Rebel Alliance tattoo :oops: and a fresh new avatar...

I also liked it... took me back to being five years old... which in the grand scheme of things isn't a bad place to be...

Better than the wretched prequels.

Re:

Loved it at the cinema and love it on dvd. I've just started watching episodes 1-3 which I'll reserve judgment on till I've finished them but not bad do far.

I thought I was watching a remake of the original film, only worse. Don't get me wrong - I loved the original back in '77, but I was only 14 then. But TFA seemed like a rehash - I mean, how many times are they going to roll out the old 'Death Star with a massively implausible defensive flaw' line? A massive disappointment.

IanS62":34je6ami said:
I thought I was watching a remake of the original film, only worse. Don't get me wrong - I loved the original back in '77, but I was only 14 then. But TFA seemed like a rehash - I mean, how many times are they going to roll out the old 'Death Star with a massively implausible defensive flaw' line? A massive disappointment.

Did you not think that scene of them flying in and blowing each reactor thing' in unison was a bit like a cut scene from a vid game or carnival ride :?

I love SW, im a fan having been lucky enough to be taken to see it as a small kid. But this wasnt SW, it was the same format as a dozen current hollywood type action movies. No plot(this one is relying on previous storylines), no new character depth :? Maybe a bit more than a single incident of bumping off the survivors to bring a stormtrooper into the main cast, a number of incidents, something, anything :shock:
No doubt this common grunt will have details of everything empire related from the weapons systems, all the space craft, even though he's infantry not flight crew. Maybe reads between invasions :?

Too much like a TV series from sky1. Like Transporter- the series(minus J. Stratham)
Or From Dusk till Dawn-The series. This is SW now. Star Wars-The series.

As i said, i love sifi. I really really like sifi, in fact its my big interest for movie watching. EVEN Geoff Goldblum :shock:
This bored me too tears.

I agree with above- On the big screen it would be loud and brash, therefore possibly exciting to some, mostly those 12 and under. But as a movie on its own. Not related, not expanding a story already stretched far enough.

Mind you, without the star wars connection it would be a mid 80's straight to video release.

Well done Harrison Ford :cool: you got out. But no doubt his character will somehow now posses a force like spirit, so can come back from time to time to offer advice.

Sorry, i have to say it. And thank god that was the end, as dressed in Han Solos original clothing(one one set of clothes in 30 years :shock: ), he looked utterly ridiculous, grey locks and all.
The only original character who actually looked good and in keeping was Skywalker himself.

I wonder to what depths theyre going to sink to next.

Ahab didnt drown, and Moby Dick is back to terrorise New Bedford harbour :shock:

It was no-where near that bad ^^^ It's no-where near the originals but a world away from the films that will not be named by me and don't exist ;)

What was bad was the piss-take from Disney not sticking on any extra's on the DVD. I should have expected it really and it's the trade-off between having something that closely resembled a film or having a film about trade-routes and tax.

watched it again with the boy (6). Its not bad, and he really enjoyed it. Yes the story is like a new hope with new characters, I whinged about that at the cinema, but some of the action sequences are great, the kids loved the humour, references back to the original series made parents snigger. Not a bad movie.

As others have said though, this is not a stand alone event, and I am worried that the future installments will become more and more disney.

Back