SRAM ESP 9.0SL Jockeys

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I bought this recently and will probably use it for my next project, if I can find a suitable matching front shofter/derailleur. The jockeys are dead, but I didn't think about the fact they might not just be standard replacements:

SRAM 9.0SL.JPG

Does anyone have experience of replacing these or similar? I've had a look and there are some BBB Rollerboys ones that say they will work and ahave a "Complete set of bushings for different shifting systems included". The lower jockey doesn't seem original, but should be easier to relace. The top one however uses the central alloy busing, which is a bit worn so I wanted to know whether the replacement jockeys would include all the necessary parts.

BTW, if anyone has a matching from shifter/mech they don't need please let me know. Otherwise this might go on another bike as a 1x8.

I believe the BBB ones work, I have a set somewhere I think, happy to check but hanging on to them for some x0.
Thank you, that would be helpful. Is X0 later? There seemed to be pre-2001 ones and 2001 onwards ones (10T and 11T?). This derailleur is the first year (1997).

I'll have a look tomorrow. The 9.0 was top of the line before the introduction of x0. The x0 jockeys were different, had a central home in the metal outers rather than the 2 holes. Been a while since I had 9.0 but have some x0 in the stash.

Here's a pic of my set. Basically seems to have an array of bearing covers in airfix style kit form along with the jockey's and bearings. No metal bushings as far as I can see from what's in the box.

Attachments

• PSX_20230704_000033.jpg
    PSX_20230704_000033.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 9
I have replaced jockeys 3 times
I have never had an issue just as long as long as you replace a 10T with a 10T/11T with a 11T

Here's a pic of my set. Basically seems to have an array of bearing covers in airfix style kit form along with the jockey's and bearings. No metal bushings as far as I can see from what's in the box.
Thank you, it's helpful to see what they come with.

If it's any help I'm selling the same rear mech on eBay and the jockey wheels are in great condition, could use these and keep the body etc as spares?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225646220286
I *thought* I would be able to help you with a front shifter as well but mine are the older style ones similar to srt-800's etc.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If it's any help I'm selling the same rear mech on eBay and the jockey wheels are in great condition, could use these and keep the body etc as spares?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225646220286
I *thought* I would be able to help you with a front shifter as well but mine are the older style ones similar to srt-800's etc.

That's interesting and led me back to the Disraeli gears site to identify mine more accurately. It seems your is the first style and mine is the second style (long cage). The fitment of the lower jockey is different, since mine has a metal insert that comes through from the inner cage. The jockeys may still fit but since I only bought this because it was cheap I don't want to spend a lot of money getting it working. It may go into the spares drawer while I consier alternatives for my next project.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back