Sprint Wheels: Airlite, Campag, Dura-Ace, Miche, SR, Shimano

V. interested in the GP4s on Record if I can find someone who wants to buy my Record hubs on silver Montherley pros or (at a push) my Record/Nisi clincher wheelset.

dbmtb":3jam7uoi said:
V. interested in the GP4s on Record if I can find someone who wants to buy my Record hubs on silver Montherley pros or (at a push) my Record/Nisi clincher wheelset.

Cool, just let me know. I'd offer to do a part-ex but I need to shift stuff at the moment. Running out of space.

Unashamed post to bring this back to the top........

The Dura Ace Hubs look better in real life than Campag sherrif stars, the anodising looks like it's an inch thick :) I had a pair back in 1975 ish, happy days.

Must resist ......

Shaun

PS, who owned the Ken Bird wheels ? I time trialled in the 70's and the only people I remember on Ken bird frames were Mick Ballrd and Derek Cottington :)

Midlife":1zsdhiuq said:
Unashamed post to bring this back to the top........

The Dura Ace Hubs look better in real life than Campag sherrif stars, the anodising looks like it's an inch thick :) I had a pair back in 1975 ish, happy days.

Must resist ......

Shaun

PS, who owned the Ken Bird wheels ? I time trialled in the 70's and the only people I remember on Ken bird frames were Mick Ballrd and Derek Cottington :)

Hey Shaun,

Yeah the DA hubs are incredible. As are the rims. I can't believe they haven't sold yet to be honest. I know they're pricey, but no more than a set of Campag Record track wheels. I think I've sold 3 pairs of Campy ones since putting these up for sale, all for more than these. Ah well. I'm sure someone will take them eventually, hopefully before I build myself a bike around them!

The Ken Bird wheels were owned by Tim Sharpe. He rode Aende. I have his 70s Aende TT bike and his old touring bike, both are incredible machines built by Alan Braithwaite. I also have an unused Paramount frame that is believed to be built by Alan during his time at Paramount Cycles. I'll be putting it up for sale on here tomorrow.

Back