Spring Epic - Sunday 13th April, Glen Clova (PLUS Mt Keen)

good man jimo!

ewanm77":38ie7ddf said:
hope you have some good weather for it
- hope so, a bit early to tell but not looking too braw the now, worry about that nearer the time

Weather looking good still but unfortuately for you guys ( I may snore ) I'm back on for the weekend. Situation at work settled down for now and I'll be glad to get away.

Just a reminder of the serious stuff. We are heading into major mountains with no easy escape route. If anything goes wrong on the far side, the nearest town is at least 8 miles, Ballater, which is a further 60 miles by road from the cars!

Nearest decent sized town to Hotel is Forfar although there are shops in Kirriemuir as well but that's a 25 mile round trip if you forget anything as there are no shops up the Glen.

Watch the road into the Glen. It is very narrow and windy and splits not far after Dykehead, take the left split and drive it clockwise. Not much traffic goes against this flow but some local traffic may come the other way.

Obviously bring waterproofs, tools and spare tubes to fit your wheel size.
The tops will still be wet so Sealskins or gore tex sock or shoes would be wise. It's a long day out with soaking feet.

We are self catering for breakfast, my plan was porridge and bacon rolls as we can do this cheaply on bulk. I think it would be easiest for one person to buy this along with milk, tea/coffee and split the cost. We could also do this for lunch rolls?
Snacks and any speciality foods should be brought yourself. We could be potentially out for 6 hours so make sure you've plenty.

Is anyone coming that is not staying with us? I make it six in total, do you agree?

What time are you all intending arriving?

See you Saturday!

Re:

Nice one clubby!

Last I looked it was looking a bit windy on saturday. Will check tomorrow but have a few options prepared (maps gpx etc) for the saturday based on what you sent me should the hill not look good.

How does 10am suit on saturday ? Happy to do earlier but don't think we should leave it much later.

I'd be up for breaks/lunch stuff, porridge and rolls (breakfast and lunch) works for me.

Radek's out, cried off today.

Looking forward to this, just had a spin up carron valley, night !

G

Re:

so wish i was doing this one, enjoy yersels lads and stay safe.

mind plenty o photaes and the write up.

Re:

lol ah dinnae miss yous that much :D

only kidding, we dog sitting for next door neighbour the morra, canna wait lol.

Re:

I'll get there for around 5pm Saturday, have food and drinks in the hotel later that evening.
Brekkie sounds good, happy to bring along some stuff for that, although I agree it may be simpler for one person to buy the food and the rest if us chip in money for it.

Re:

Ok, I'll stop in Forfar as it's on my way up anyway and I know where I'm going.
So porridge and bacon butties for brekkie and ham and cheese rolls for lunch.
Anyone heard from Rob? Very little input to this thread, and texted him this morning but not had a reply.

Back