Spring Epic - Sunday 13th April, Glen Clova (PLUS Mt Keen)

Re: Spring Epic - Sunday 13th April, Glen Clova (PLUS Mt Kee

Earplugs mandatory, not long now.. Come on the weather

Re:

One week to go and starting to seriously worry about my stamina.
Also heard that the final descent of proposed loop has been clear felled and may not be that rideable, so the plan b loop may be needed. Means doing a kind of lollipop shaped circuit instead of a full loop, but actually gives us a better final downhill coming down the initial climb. Will see on the day.

Re:

Regrettably I need to pull out of the ride. There's been a major incident at work and the manager is on holiday until the weekend. I need to be available to deal with it.
The hostel is all paid for so just go and enjoy a ride.
The route is available to download here

http://www.dmbins.com/system/resources/ ... _Cards.pdf

There is also another version on the Ecurie neep website which takes in the scarier descent into Glen Muick.

It's a well marked ride and should be easily followed by map or gps.

Again I'm really sorry but I need to be here.

baws - that's bad news clubby! nothing worse than work ruining a good day oot.

been checking trails out for Saturday

so Saturday,

Plan A > Mt Keen - relatively straightforward route in attempt to reduce the effort and stay fresh for Sunday.

Plan B > Glen Esk or Ministers Path (a couple of recommendations from clubby)

all mapped up and ready for either.

there's also a number of short (and some short & adventurous) trails in and around glen clova - if the time or appetite is there later in the day.

hope things change clubby and you make it!

chaps I've got maps covering the area and the garmin. I've also printed the pdf route courtesy of clubby and the gpx / map in http://www.mtbtrails.info/Trail_Venue.a ... lNumber196 NEEP ROUTE which appears the same up until the 1/4 where a different route home/bank of loch muick is used.

so

who's all making this?
who's in for saturday?

g..

Baws indeed clubby. Hope it works out and if you get the chance you can still make it on Sunday.

Still up for Saturday morning!

Re:

I'm still in for food and beers on Saturday night, sleep in the bunkhouse and ride whatever wherever on Sunday :D
N
I've been to Pitfichie this week, getting some practice in (just riding a bike really as I've done very little riding since Christmas).

Back