Spring Classics chit chat

Re:

Don't recall seeing the second accident, just heard about it from the commentator.
I too was hoping that Terpestra would have been able to take it. Certainly did the right thing by not working in the last few kms

Mike

Re:

Enjoyed the racing so far this year. Just had a look at the odds for Roubaix...Wiggins 2nd favourite :LOL: based on what exactly?

Re: Re:

mr_ship":3cxudxp6 said:
Enjoyed the racing so far this year. Just had a look at the odds for Roubaix...Wiggins 2nd favourite :LOL: based on what exactly?

Based on the fact that Boonen and Cancellara are out. And no-one else turns up apart from a certain G Thomas ! :LOL:

Mike

I dont think you will get anywhere near those odds on Wiggins outside the UK ;)
Stybar? maybe Sagan if he rides like last year. I am still hoping for the return of Boonan, winning from a solo attack from 80klms out :)
I'll go with Stybar then :)

Jamie

Well done to Kristoff for Flanders, poor Terpstra must feel like a bridesmaid despite heroic efforts so far.
So the Queen of the Monuments tomorrow. We finally get to see if Wiggins can pull it off

Re:

Today's the day then!

Not going back on this thread til I've seen the recording! Hopefully Monday pm.

Enjoy !

Mike

Re:

Anyone out there see Paris - Rooubaix?

Cracking race I thought, was good to see Wiggins going well in the final even if he didn't win.

Bad moment when the railway barriers came down though. Not good to see riders taking chances like that. I think they should have been made to stop for the 30 secs or so they would have had to wait anyway.

So, Sagan became another rider to throw his bike away, albeit somewhere where it would have a soft landing - after having a mechanical near the end :roll: Quite what they hope to acheive by doing that is beyond me. I appreciate it must be frustrating, but holding it takes less effort surely. Also shows a little respect for the work the mechanic does.

Mike

Re:

Hello Mike.
I've been holding back until you'd had chance to catch up on the replay.
Great race, and well done to Degenkolb.
Wiggins gave it a great go, he really deserves more respect than he sometimes gets, let's not forget that the last Tour de France winner to win Roubaix was the great Bernard Hinault in 81.
I see a great future for Luke Rowe now. He's proved he can be there in the final and I think he can do great things in the future.
Roll on the Amstel Gold.
John

Re:

Hi John,

Is Amstel on at the weekend? How about Fleche Wallone?

I saw the recording last night. Sat watching it for over three hours, then the recording stopped with 14k to go :shock: . Saw a highlights programme scheduled, so I recorded that in the earl hours and watched it tonight.
I thought Stybar and the other QS rider would have worked the other two over when he got across, but they must have been on their knees

Mike

Latest posts

Back