Spring Classics chit chat

I'm sure G will be in with a chance for Flanders. If he can get enough support from Rowe, Stannard, Knees and Wiggins then it's down to him to call it in the final few K's.
He's proved he can beat anybody at Harelbeke, let's hope he grasps his chance and gives of his best for queen and country

Re:

Yes, it would be great to see him win I think John. Shame it's not the old finale, up the Muur and Bosberg though. I'll have to see if I can find the route online.
You have to be there to really appreciate the atmosphere, have you been before?

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":b1odkeww said:
Yes, it would be great to see him win I think John. Shame it's not the old finale, up the Muur and Bosberg though. I'll have to see if I can find the route online.
You have to be there to really appreciate the atmosphere, have you been before?

Mike
No unfortunately. I've seen a few stage races over the years, the Vuelta in the 70's and early 80's, Catalunya when my parents used to live there, but never the Classics.
I threaten to do it every year but work, the wife and three young kids seem to inexorably intervene.
Maybe still time for Liege Bastogne, we have family friends in Bastogne but the wife's father is very poorly atm, etc, etc

Re:

I'd like to go back to Flanders with a bike next year. That's the aim for now anyway. See how things pan out

Mike

Well be sure to turn up with 10mm of rear suspension travel Mike.
Motor racing is my first love and the one non negotiable of my year is the vingt quatre heures du Mans. I haven't missed one since 1972.
I'm a bit old to ride the Helligans now but if you need a passionate, resourceful and well equipped mechanic / DS please let me know

Re:

Well, how good was Flanders today?

I must admit it, I still prefer the old finish, up the Muur and Bosberg, but it was still a great race nonetheless!

Mike

Re:

Was it the same car involed in both incidents? I only saw the first one when he took a rider in the break out.

I wonder if Wiggins was ordered to get back on his original bike, or no Roubaix for him?

Mike

It might have been the same car but a different driver by that stage I am sure. ;)
I dont know how they were sabotaging anyone else besides Shimano as they can't have had many cars left. Certainly the one that rear ended Marc Madiots car had the front stoved in and coolant pouring out, it wasn't going anywhere. Well maybe a bit further up the road before Madiot could get hold of them :) The look on his face when walked round and seen the back of his car.
In all seriousness it was a great race and while Kristoff is cool I was really rooting for Terpstra do get it.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back