Spring Classics chit chat

Yes Amstel is on live. Not sure about Fleche.
EQS tactics are wrong at the moment, but I suppose it's all down to individual effort. Look how hard Degenkolb had to work on his own to bridge.

Re:

Yes that was a big risk for a sprinter at the end of the race. Shed his team mate pretty quickly too

Mike

Re:

So, here we are, another weekend, another spring classic, excellent! :cool:

Favourites ? Stybar? Terpestra? Surely QS have to take something this spring!

Reen reading the comic's review, nothing too strenuous as far as climbs go - well it is the Netherlands after all! - but accumulation of average speed, distance and repeated climbing bound to take their toll.

Mike

Re:

So, the curse of the rainbow jersey has been broken!
Cracking race again, in good weather again too. I thought that Gilbert was going to break the other rider on the last climb up the Cauberg, but just didn't have it in his legs in the end.
Must admit, my heart sank when I saw Valverde getting across, I'm not his biggest fan, but pleased to see he didn't take the win.

Thoughts?

Fleche Wallone on Wednesday, recorder set !

Mike

Re:

Liege Bastogne Liege today, booked my seat on the sofa! Let's hope there are fewer crashes than at Fleche in the week. And rain, the spring classics have been far too dry! Personally hoping for a different winner too. A Gilbert win would go down well here. Or another victory for the world champion.

Mike

Re:

:facepalm:

Well it was a good race, until the screen froze with 400m to go! But to be fair, they did show the finish sprint. Unfortunately :evil: :evil:

Still, nonetheless, I enjoyed the spring classics, and has motivated me to get the road bikes out a bit more.

Oh, and I've just bought another frameset :facepalm: :roll: :oops:

Mike

Latest posts

Back