SPLIT/SOLD - 1977 Carlton Cobra 23"

spatuluk

Saracen Fan
Feedback
View
edit: Frame sold on ebay

Hiya!

I'm selling my 23" 1977 Carlton Cobra (collection only, until I can get my hands on a box for it):

Saddle (and cat) not included

Info:
23" 1977 Carlton Cobra (Nottingham-built, Tru-Wel tubes)
Powder coated green (still have the Raleigh badge, just not attached)
Weinmann brake levers with 'Carlton' branded black hoods
Weinmann 610 front brake
Weinmann 750 rear brake
Raleigh 3-spoke cottered crank
GB Alloy stem
Shimano 600 Arabesque long-cage rear mech
Shimano 600 Arabesque down tube shifters (currently only one shifter handle fitted, but I can put the other handle back on)
27" alloy wheels with Panaracer Pasela tyres
6 speed freewheel
MKS AR2 pedals with toe clips and straps (straps not pictured)

There are some rust spots on some of the chromed surfaces, but it cleans up well. It's taken 2 years for the rust to re-appear after the last time I cleaned it up with coke and tin foil. The white residue around some of the lugs is turtle wax that I didn't wash off properly. :roll: The saddle's staying with me, but I've got a basic replacement to put on.

As for price, due to the swanky Arabesque bits, and relatively new wheels and pedals, something like £90 collected? I'd take off £40 if someone wants it without the Arabesque bits (I don't have anything to replace them with, mind).

More pics:

Thanks for looking!

Re: 1977 Carlton Cobra 23"

Probably just as well you don't have space, as I've had to temporarily remove the postage option due to a lack of boxes and time to source them.

I'll add the option back when I get a box, but it could take a week or so to get one.

I've also reduced the price by a tenner, as I think £100 was being a little bit too hopeful. :p

Back