Specialized M2 1994 1” Direct Drive Threadless fork.

Hoppy

Retro Guru
Hello,

Has anybody got a 1” Direct Drive threadless fork for a ‘94/‘95 red M2 Stumpjumper with yellow decals please?

Same colour would be good but not essential. I may even strip and polish it.

Cheers.

Or a Tange or Ritchey fork.

If the correct colour comes along in threaded, would consider using that instead.

Re: Specialized 1” Direct Drive Threadless fork.

Still looking.
Did someone on here win the frame and forks from eBay a few days ago for £10.50? Red with yellow graphics. Wanna do a deal?

Re: Specialized M2 1” Direct Drive Threadless fork.

Are you sure you need a 1" fork? I think the 95/96 Stumpjumer M2 is already 1 1/8" headtube.

Hmm, thanks, actually it may be a ‘94, I’ll check what it’s stamped when I get home in a bit. Definitely a 1” though, of that I am sure. Wish it was 1 1/8”, that’d make things so much easier.

Thanks hunspecialized, I’m glad you know what’s what anyway. You were correct, it’s stamped as ‘94!

I think so, bought mine as frame with fitted aheadset and 1” Judy forks a few years back.
The ‘94 catalogue shows aheadset but doesn’t state the size in the specs. However, in the ‘95 catalogue, the aheadset is stated as being 1 1/8”, which leads me to think that’s when Specialized introduced them.

Re:

It's a bodge, but I have fitted threadless headsets to long threaded steerers successfully

Back