For Sale Specialized Allez Comp Frameset - Zebra Acqua Sapone colours

duncanwoodhall

Dirt Disciple
For sale is a Specialized Allez Comp frameset in zebra Acqua Sapone colours. c. 2005 ish. I think.

Price £100 + postage, or collect from Tadcaster.

1000001923.jpg
I bought this on a bit of a whim several years ago, as I liked the look of the frameset, then read a bit about the history of the Acqua Sapone team. I also briefly owned a matching Nalini jersey but sadly it was too big so sent it back. I think you can still get them, although happily the Cippolini sleeveless jersey is no longer available.

I built it up and rode it for a while with a Campag groupset, and it was lovely to ride, very light and nice handling. It's been to the top of the Col de la Colombiere and Col de Joux Plane (twice!) so can vouch for it's climbing credentials. I also made it back down in one piece so descending was pretty good as well. It's also done the bike leg of a half-Ironman triathlon, overtaking a fair few Cervelo TT bikes in the process :). More recently it's been a general commuter bike.

Size wise I think it's c. 54cm "conventional" frame size, with an effective top tube of around 55cm, although happy to provide more detailed measurements as needed. As a guide I'm 5 ft 10 and tend to be between 54 and 56 frame sizes.

Included is frame, carbon fork, headset, and the seat-tube wedge thingy that holds the seatpost up.

A couple of points to highlight on condition:

There is some gouging on the inside of the right hand chainstays from an incident when my chain snapped during a triathlon. I've shown some photos but I've ridden it for several years since with no issues.

The down tube bottle bosses seem to have detached from the frame, so that the bolts that are in there just rotate in the frame. Probably a relatively easy fix for someone to sort with a bit of patience and decent tools (I have neither). The seat-tube ones are ok and I just used those instead, and left the pump holder that was in there in place.

Otherwise the frame is in pretty good condition, despite it's age.

Thanks for looking, and reading this far

Duncan 1000001925.jpg 1000001924.jpg

Back