SOUTHWEST Retro-ride... Sunday 4th Jan - Haldon

are we doing the red run only or are we doing the red run +the run behind the little chef at top of haldon hill

kirbdug":28lsi673 said:
are we doing the red run only or are we doing the red run +the run behind the little chef at top of haldon hill

not sure yet, need to hear from others about what they want to do, i'll go along with what everyone else wants really :D

Don't care on the terrain, i'll ride it all on drops... the steeper and scarier the better!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We met at 10am last time, gave people enough time to travel etc. Need more details than 'Tea Hut' please. ;)

10am sounds good to me depends on the other riders .tea hut is by the rangers office just off the main car park which is £1.50 for 4 hours

Hi chaps 10 am sounds good ,as i (and some others) dont know the area is there steep climbs or sticky clay or any thing to consider when choosing what or how retro to ride here's a few so far.

morepictures014.jpg

morepictures011.jpg

mybikes004.jpg

toadoftoadhall":1vgjb0e6 said:
As i (and some others) dont know the area is there steep climbs or sticky clay or any thing to consider when choosing what or how retro to ride?

There's no sticky mud at all, but there will be lots of wet mud this time of year. There are also a couple of rock gardens, a couple of mile long dry gravel climbs and a few tree roots in some areas. There are several gravel tracks of varying difficulty plus the more fun red run and loads of extra bits that aren't official. The are lots of places to stop and wait for slower riders like me! It'll be a laugh!!! :xmas-wink:

Konaglider":22yldcpj said:
10 am's fine for me.

guybe, chrisg...you guys coming?

Nice bike dirtjumper ;)

I cannot make it and it's a little too far for me, hope the weather stay dry unlike last time, have fun.

Back