Sorry! Modern MOOTS alert.

Thanks for the reply Steve and maybe the technology has gone on a bit since the old breakages days

Thought that Carbon was supposed to absorb some of the trail chatter as they like to call it and that's the reason the bars are so well thought of
Saw a test where they covered some bars with tape. one alu, the other carbon and everyone guessed which was which

I had some and never noticed the difference either :oops: might not bother with the seatpost then so your answer was very helpful thanks :D

You're right Rich, I heard about it absorbing trail buzz and I can confirm it does too. I used to use the Easton EA90 Monkeybars and used to get some buzz from those, after I changed to the Monkeylites it really improved - not totally though but loads better. I thought it was worth it.

It was something I saw on the box (Lance Armstrong docu I think) about carbon cycling shoes being really stiff but I guess it depends on the way it's used/shaped for whatever purpose that decides on how stiff it is??

Don't let me put you off about getting a carbon pin though, they look pretty cool - but then again so do Thomson.

Steve

I had EC70 bars, they were risers, but way too narrow and have had wider flat bars.
Went back to good old EA70's and never felt the difference. Guess it must be me though if all those testers felt it and so have you.

Bit sceptical about all the old adages, had Steel bikes that were more unforgiving than my M5 S-Works and yet to get that steel is real bit

Will keep the Thomson I think for now, but might try one of the Controltech Scandium posts if I see one for the right price. Apparently they have similar chatter absorbing properties to Carbon, not entirely convinced :roll:

Definitely like the black look though and has help me decide on my latest build :D

Thanks again
Rich

The trail buzz that I used to get came through the bars and used to make one of my hands tingly, why one hand I don't know. :? I probably grip slightly tighter with one hand..? Anyways, after I changed the bars it all but disappeared. I'm no expert either but I hadn't changed anything else so it must have been the change of bars?

Maybe? ;)

Back