Something you (probably) haven´t seen before. DBS OFFROAD EX

ErikFive

Retro Guru
Norwegian mtb history. Serial 0053. (Not a rebranded Nishiki Ariel). 1991

This is how it looks now. I will of course take it a all a part very soon and make the nice as pretty as I can, and put it together again.
Some stuff needs to be changed though. I have a new seat and tires for it, but I need to get a matching rim. It came originally with black Alesa rims from Belgium, but it now has a black Campa Stheno rim rear. So I need to get either a Alesa or Stheno. 36H. The stem and bars needs to be swapped due to corrosion. I have a stem that is almost identical, but with less rise. I have bought a new Tioga handlebar from the German ebay.

I am really ok with the chrome xt 730 cranks, but I am toying with the idea of a Tioga Revolver or original black M730 cranks. If I find one of them. But Ill be ok with the ones on there. (Update: found a black XT crank yesterday on tis forum)

I do need some new black Tioga grips though due to some damage on one of them. Don´t need to be new, but had to be able to clean them up pretty nicely with some elbow grease. I also want some pink Tioga branded straps for toe clips.

Attachments

• _DSC5033.jpg
    _DSC5033.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 1,761
  • _DSC5034.jpg
    _DSC5034.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,760
  • _DSC5035.jpg
    _DSC5035.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,760
  • _DSC5030.jpg
    _DSC5030.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,760
  • _DSC5028.jpg
    _DSC5028.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,760
  • _DSC5026.jpg
    _DSC5026.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,759
  • _DSC5025.jpg
    _DSC5025.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,760
  • _DSC5044.jpg
    _DSC5044.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 1,761
Update on todays progress. Stripped the bike and polished it up pretty good. Next will be to shine the parts.

Attachments

• _DSC5053.jpg
    _DSC5053.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 1,758
Re:

Very nice, going to look sweet.

al.

I am rally not sure, because it´s the manufacturers own steel. I am trying to source some more info on it. It just says Quality tubes Øglænd DBS (Maker). But they had all ranges of bikes with different steel as well.

skolioza":1byx569i said:
Erik, what tubes the frame is having?

ErikFive":2adcjrmj said:
I am rally not sure, because it´s the manufacturers own steel. I am trying to source some more info on it. It just says Quality tubes Øglænd DBS (Maker). But they had all ranges of bikes with different steel as well.

skolioza":2adcjrmj said:
Erik, what tubes the frame is having?
If the frame was equipped in XT stuff You can expect something better than basic tubes
What's the weight of the frame? - maybe scale tells us something...

It´s not by any means a light bike, bit neither has any of my e-stay steel bikes been. I think it´s around 3.6kg including fork. :shock:

Only real comparison I have is the Ultimate that I just read that weighed over 6 pounds, but I´m sure have had som heavier as well. Nishiki Ariel and Pinnacle for two.

Back