Something special Pt2 PACE RC300 F1

Love it! Love the M950 and Thomson bits on there, really nice CNC stems, they look great in silver too! top banana mate :D

Jody75":16fvdx7s said:
Love it! Love the M950 and Thomson bits on there, really nice CNC stems, they look great in silver too! top banana mate :D

Cheers dude. Yours is looking very cool. Loving the red!

So its been a while since i've updated. Not many changes. Infact sod all really. I did have the dreaded creeky Pace syndrome! God is does your head in. So i use this as an excuse to buy some new cranks! Go figure eh?
I thought the noise was coming from the BB, so new crank and BB later... same noise. Retrobike thread later and a squeeze of Finishline and no noise! Bloody tipical!
I do have a set of XTR discs and levers to pop on but i've really not the time at the mo. I'm also yet to use more than the commute to work! Lots of fun coming down Steep Hill, and not that painful heading up.
Gonna pop the M970's up for sale as i'm not keen. They dont suit the Pace. Sherwood Pines in a few weeks work permitting and if i'm good a Dalby trip maybe on the cards? She's definatly a flyer and super nimble. Will weigh her soon as well, i'd guess and say 23lbs?

Attachments

• IMG_2322.JPG
    IMG_2322.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,848
  • IMG_2380.JPG
    IMG_2380.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,848
  • IMG_2325.JPG
    IMG_2325.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,848
So finger out my bum and i've got the XTR kit on with some sexy Goodridge hoses. Embarrassingly i've still not had time to take her out for a good thrashing! Thats gonna change though as i'm off all week and i'm off to Sherwood tomorrow and Dalby at the weekend.
Let us know what you think of her!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2488.JPG
    IMG_2488.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,771
  • IMG_2487.JPG
    IMG_2487.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,771
Looking good, even the forks are growing on me :cool:

I'd have to disagree with M970 not suiting the frame though. I think it looks perfect with the black and silver finish. I was almost put of buying mine because I thought I'd get the urge to swap my M950 kit for M970/80 and the added expense that would bring. I've resisted so far.....

I've also noticed a bit of creaking on mine, standing or sitting. Where abouts did you lube the frame? I want to try that before I start swapping parts over :?

Fudd":1001gzfz said:
Looking good, even the forks are growing on me :cool:

I'd have to disagree with M970 not suiting the frame though. I think it looks perfect with the black and silver finish. I was almost put of buying mine because I thought I'd get the urge to swap my M950 kit for M970/80 and the added expense that would bring. I've resisted so far.....

You would say that after i've got rid! :LOL: The new XTR gear is just so good but i have to remain somewhat loyal to its roots with a splash of M950 (especially when i'm not using Pace forks :oops: ). I do have two purple M5 bolts as another retro nod.

Fudd":1001gzfz said:
I've also noticed a bit of creaking on mine, standing or sitting. Where abouts did you lube the frame? I want to try that before I start swapping parts over :?

Have a peak at the pictures at the top of this page (p3). take the seat post out and put loads in there! I mean loads as well. I used Finishline but copper stuff will be spot on also. I also did the BB with a job load and head tube. Mine still creaks under hard hammer but not at every blade of grass etc. It the only reason i bought the new cranks as i thought my BB was where the noise was coming from :oops:

I know its not ALL about the looks, but that bike would look soooo much better with RC31 Carbon forks on it to match the seattube. ;)
How does it ride with a longish fork on it?

Nope. :shock: Disagree. Aesthetically i dont like them and my past experiences with Pace forks has always been tosh :shock:
The only forks in recent years that have come close (in my opinion) to fox are a set of Magura, but even then they just didn't feel as good.

The ones i've on here are 80mm and are just perfect. I'd only consider swaping these for a set of Terralogic's which are the best trail fork i've used. At the end of the day it doesnt need to please eveyone... just me :D

Back