Something for the Raleigh fans

No idea, but as they’ve just re-released the Tuff Burner aimed at the youth BMX market, it’s a useful way of promoting it.

I wonder if they'll dig Reg Harris's bike out, saw it once at the Industrial Museum but next time I went it had disappeared.
Shouldn't really post this pic but this is the one I mean.

raleigh-track-bike-at-wollaton-hall.jpg

Last edited:
Just seen this post, so for anyone local to Notts - this is the old Pure Electric cycle shop, formerly Cycle Republic, which has now closed down. Wouldn't really describe it as an 'exhibition centre' from the pictures, just looks like a sparse cycle shop with a few old models on show inside. It's VERY close to Nottingham Castle (a 2 minute walk) and ought to catch local tourists to the area but remain to be convinced it will do well - sadly I think the days of walking into a city centre that is a nightmare for parking, to buy a bike are far gone.

It’s a good start seeing as though Raleigh is sun ominous with Nottingham but from those pictures not really attractive to visitors & assume more bikes would be going on show & some interactive stuff to be installed to attract the younger tech savvy generation….. maybe the other marque Carlton good also have a section as they were made In Nottinghamshire also….. 🤔

Just seen this post, so for anyone local to Notts - this is the old Pure Electric cycle shop, formerly Cycle Republic, which has now closed down. Wouldn't really describe it as an 'exhibition centre' from the pictures, just looks like a sparse cycle shop with a few old models on show inside. It's VERY close to Nottingham Castle (a 2 minute walk) and ought to catch local tourists to the area but remain to be convinced it will do well - sadly I think the days of walking into a city centre that is a nightmare for parking, to buy a bike are far gone.
Further to add, my ideas that it might catch local tourists to Nottingham Castle... well the Castle went into Liquidation around a week ago (yup that's right - closed UFN). Hoping to pop by soon to check out the Raleigh Experience but it would do far better out of the city centre in my view, probably be better somewhere close to Wollaton Hall, which is a big tourist attraction, has it's own herritage centre and is close to the old Raleigh factory etc but then again, what do I know! I stand by my opinion that it won't last long where it is... Nottingham City Centre is DEAD and for most living outside of the city centre the general view is, why would anyone want to travel into the city centre...

Back