The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Those Mayhemistas of the last few years will have delighted in the presence of Trig', my standby/clown bike. It has completed a number of laps, with a number of passengers, without complaint or failure. More than can be said for some of the other retro steeds that accompanied it around the hallowed princess garden. (A few up from a lady garden in the peerage)

It has come to pass that Trigger's Broom will live out a long and happy retirement in the corner of my shed.

All hail the Broom!

Little HM being taken safely round. Almost. Thanks Donna ;)

Last year a certain gentleman from north of the border required a little steed for his debutante 'coming out' lap. (A tall thin man who apparently likes show tunes; he was certainly humming something when he saw Frank for the first time) I offered and provided something suitable from the Hammer House of History Horrors. Meet Frank:

I believe this to be pre 97? or not? Can't remember much about it other than the frame was pretty much karma'd to me long ago. Yes Dougal you do see correctly. It's not further away, the front wheel is BIGGER.

Anyway, to get to the point, I see Frank the 69er as the natural successor to Trig. But what should he wear to measure up in splendor to the inimitable Broom? Trig has agreed to donate a few bits such as the unique saddle and outers, and other will be from the lab.

My Mood board so far: ( I still owe Carl a pound for those bars :facepalm: ) Bars aren't brown. or yellow, more of the colour of a newborn's nappy smear.

You can see where this is going................

Yellow Tyre - Weeman (will go on the back of Frank)
Green Lever thingy - Regan EV

Good Karma to you both##

Carl, do you want that pound this year or do I add you to the above? :LOL:

Looking for a suitably lurid rear V brake caliper??????? Needs to stand out, a bit like the flashing light on the back of an F1 car in poor weather. I will be slow.

Money absolutely no object.

Last bit is a lie

Minifreak":pnopep0c said:
Check out Promax V brakes on eBay, some pretty bright colours. Your crazy but I love it ;)

Bit pricey.

Does anybody have anything or is it time to rattle a can? Humbrol and a brush? Got some spitfire paint.

The brake yes! Perfect. Trig's saddle will be on it though.

That's assuming it works and won't kill me :LOL:

Pm me your requirements

Back