Some old wood with a lot of history.........

I don't get excited about furniture very often, but that is really nice, the history makes it.

Congratulations on your admirable wood!

Very nice piece, hope to rest a glass of something salubrious on it one day...

Re:

Cleaned up rather well. Not over restored just brought out the colour and left the patina.

Attachments

• E6CAA89C-B207-415E-936C-35228E540232.jpeg
    E6CAA89C-B207-415E-936C-35228E540232.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 576
I would see what pictorial evidence you can come up with to accompany it, and to lend it some providence should you ever sell it on.

I wouldn’t sell it, that teak will last for many more years

Had a couple of modern teak garden sets and this is far crisper closer grained. Won’t be going anywhere.

Retro Spud":2ykt7i7s said:
My god - you must still be salivating over your find

What’s your plans for it ? Perhaps add an extra two legs, have each of the slats stained a different colours of the rainbow or bore small holes in it and fit countersunk LED lights ?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You see, he can be subtle and understated

dyna-ti":2779jyyi said:
A great find and ro have the history with it just makes it super special, especially that history.

With you on oil alone :cool: though maybe gently using FINEST grade steel wool(The type we use for french polishing, not the cheapo stuff, and some meths to kind of 'wash' the surface without taking off any colour. Like if you meths and a cloth soaks up the colour and you lose it, but fine steel wool you wash it about the place and it makes it more uniform.

A labour of love you have there bud :cool:

Would that be 0000 grade mister? ;)

Not done any polishing since 1992, when I was laid off

I have all that stuff, Danish oil, bee's wax superfine 'proper' papers and wool from the old lathe I had.

lovely smells.....

Back