SOLD ROSSIN PRESTIGE TEAM Frameset

Okay chaps - this one is available again if anyone is interested. I spent the Summer building it up with lightweight components and riding it to see how we got on. We got on famously. But the crux of the matter is that I haven't the room for a collection of bikes, and my everyday riding demands a lesser machine.

Without too much effort, and with period components, I built this into a 20lb flyer. It's very quick and very, poised. I know that' a silly word, but it captures something of the confidence and accuracy that this Rossin inspires. It goes exactly where you want it to; it climbs beautifully, and I've never been on a bike that descends so well. Even on the badly surfaced hills of the Yorkshire Wolds it didn't miss a beat.

Oh, and the head tube is just shy of 165mm race to race. It also has an 8cm BB drop (distance between BB spindle and axle level), which could have some part to play in the confidence-inspiring handling.

It's currently fitted with a hardly used 113mm Omas titanium BB which can be included in the sale for an additional £35.

Hello Mr Bond

Is that an ITM Krystal titanium stem I spy and might it be for sale soon, I have a friend who might be interested :?:

Mark :D

Hi Doc :) Just bumped into this thread, and if I understand it right, the Rossin is for sale at £250 to my UK door ? Omas extra ? I'm just assuming it has been stripped again buddy ?

Also going to assume you have the machine necessary for your everyday cycling ? If not I have a 1987 Raleigh 531c, similar height to this Rossin (about a 58cm). Just acquired her and she rides very smooth. She is in this post http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167738.

Love the frame, want the frame, in a position to buy, so my friend, mull this post over and let me know your thoughts :) I have enough kit to build 3 bikes, so the Omas would be not needed. If you like the 531c, as she is built and ready to ride, then I'll toss it your way for £120 off the bill. I reckon she'd sell a fair way above that, but only offering just incase you don't have a decent replacement yet, that will be a good ride, but you can ride into the ground without conscience ;)

Thanks, yours Laz.

PS: have plenty more pics of her if needed :) PPS already tracking the 3 missing Shimano 600 parts that will complete the groupset as a 1987 600 :)

@ Laz - that's right - £250 to your door without the BB. A tempting offer on your Raleigh which looks to be a peach, but I've already lined up a do it all bike (which like your Luxe is a bit of a conundrum).

PM me if you want to pull the trigger on the Rossin.

@ Kermit - sorry, I've got plans for the stem.

cheers

It is certainly a shame that this nice frame is being restored and enjoyed.

If you could do a deal involving a 753 Perthus Pro frame then I would give it a loving home!

Have a just a few days before payday bump!

Back