BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I have asked what year these are previously and got a reply - but I've lost the thread :roll: I think I was told 2008 but happy to be corrected.

I sold these on eBay at the weekend and after sending the buyer a message letting him know when they would be posted I received a rude message telling me that he had just looked at the rest of the photos and the forks were disgusting and fit for nothing but scrap. I was told to cancel the courier as delivery would be refused and a refund was demanded. Needless to say I was a little angry. Wanting to maintain my feedback I agreed to cancel the transaction, not before politely mentioning that the photo's were not added after the listing ended - think that went over his head.

Anyway I thought I'd retreat to my happy place and give them a go on here :LOL:

All the usual terms; PP gift or buyer pays the fees. Reply in thread preferred but not going to insist. Dibs at my discretion. UK postage (myhermes) included. Overseas at cost.

To the best of my knowledge these are in perfect working order. They compress and rebound as they should, the lockout works perfectly and the stanchions are unmarked. There is some bubbling under the paint and some paint flaking at the back of the crown. One of the seals on top of the leg looks like someone has tried to lift it with a screwdriver. This was pretty much my eBay description and exactly the same photo's are used here too. Disc or V brake compatible (post mount adaptor included) but will require studs for V brakes. Steerer is 1 1/8" standard and is 215mm long. Star nut included

I sold them for £91 with free postage on eBay so I'll try £75 posted here.

Re:

Hi Ollie. Don't know much about them (can you tell!) but compressing them by hand on the floor I can't get more than 70-80mm out of them so fairly safe to assume 80mm

Cheers

Re:

Are these 28mm? SIDs moved to 32mm stanchions in 2008 so these must be a little older. Apologies for seeming pedantic but the 2008+ fork is a totally different animal from previous SIDs.

On the other hand, if they are 32mm, dibs please! ;)

Re:

I'll check for you tonight - the more info the better as far as I'm concerned :)

Re:

So they're a 28mm stanchion I'm afraid. Does that make them earlier than 2008?

Re:

I think they're 2005....??

Do you think those rusty bolts on the disc brake mount will come out, and have you got any V brake posts for them? Also have you got a better pic of the seal damage...?

Ta Adrian! :cool:

Edit: Just read ad properly, no V posts, soz :facepalm: Ignore that bit then, lol!

Re: Rockshox SID Team circa 2008?

I'll try the bolts tomorrow and take another pic for you Kaz

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":vucjthmh said:
I think they're 2005....??

Do you think those rusty bolts on the disc brake mount will come out, and have you got any V brake posts for them? Also have you got a better pic of the seal damage...?

Ta Adrian! :cool:

Edit: Just read ad properly, no V posts, soz :facepalm: Ignore that bit then, lol!

Bolts came out fine Kaz :)

The actual seal around the stanchion is fine - it's just around the outside.....

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 958
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 958
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 958
Re:

Thanks Adrian for taking the time to do that! Let me have a think while I'm in work, undecided which way I'm going with the next project (ie - lightweight XC or whack Bombers on it, play bike!) and there's a few forks around on here at the mo so I'm just confusing myself.... :facepalm:

If they go in the meantime then so be it :D

Back