SOLD Retro Marin Team Titanium Full Bike

barance

Retro Newbie
For sale my Marin Team Titanium from i believe 1996/97, owned since 2009 when i purchased as a rather sad frame and mix-match of not so great parts.
Selling as i am down-sizing my MTB collection due to an inament move away form my current flat.

I believe it's a 15.5" frame but the measurements are as follows:
Top Tube = 22.5"
Headset = 4.5"
Seat Post Tube = 17"

Compenents:
XT Crankset with Middleburn 'Slick Shift' middle and outer chainrings (used on <10 rides)
XT Shifters/Brake Levers (3x8 speed)
Goodridge Cables (Gear and Brake)
XT V-Brakes
XTR Front Mech
XTR Rear Mech
Thomson seatpost
WTB Shadow Saddle
Thomson Stem
Easton Monketlite SL Carbon bars
Mavic 221 Rear rim with XT hub
Mavic 227 Front rim with XT hub
X-Lite front and rear quick release
IRC Mibro Tyres 2.10
Fox Suspension Forks - F80 Terra Logic
Note the pedals have been removed and are not included in the sale - however i do have some SPD's (Shimano) pedals that will be included (see 'spares' below)

This is a fantastic retro bike with the frame being free from any dents. There are some 'wear' marks but these will come out if the frame is polished (being Titanium).
The original decals have long since been removed (only had the outline of the 'Team Titanium' top tube decal when i purchased it) and have been replaced with the best ones i could find, which as you can see are not the originals as finding a copy of the originals was not the easiest task!
I've actually only ridden it offroad on <10 occassions all being short 10-15 mile xc rides. It still feels great, but needing to sell as i actually have another Marin Team Titanium so really can't justify having 2 of the same bike.

I'm also going to throw in the following spare parts:
1 x Mavic 221 rear rim with LX hub,
1 x LH XT shifter/brake lever
Seatpost QR
2 x Brake pads
1 x wheel bag
Shimano M505 SPD Pedals

Asking price is £550 no offers

I'd prefer cash on collection - i'm located in Brighton (East Sussex) but i'm also able to meet between Brighton and Chichester if required.
I can post but would only take Paypal payment and would obviously be extra charge for postage (i'd guess between £10-£20).

If you have any q's or want photos (having issues trying to upload the photos atm) just reply to this thread or send me a PM.

Re:

Photos of the bike

Attachments

• IMG_2995.JPG
    IMG_2995.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,175
  • IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,175
  • IMG_3001.JPG
    IMG_3001.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 1,175
  • IMG_2997.JPG
    IMG_2997.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,175
  • IMG_2996.JPG
    IMG_2996.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,174
  • IMG_3006.JPG
    IMG_3006.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 1,174
  • IMG_3005.JPG
    IMG_3005.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,174
  • IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,175
Re: Retro Marin Team Titanium Full Bike £550

Hello, very nice bike, my name is and I'm from Argentina Gaston, I am very interested in the bike without wheels because that way the shipping would be a little more economical. If you have paypall I can offer 450 for everything but the wheels.
If I would make you confirm the payment and once credited daria data sent to Bolivia I have a friend who then would bring me.
I await your response, very cute exer-
I pass a link to my collection.
http://www.btt.com.ar/nota/622/622030.shtml

ghmacena":2r9oefma said:
Hello, very nice bike, my name is and I'm from Argentina Gaston, I am very interested in the bike without wheels because that way the shipping would be a little more economical. If you have paypall I can offer 450 for everything but the wheels.
If I would make you confirm the payment and once credited daria data sent to Bolivia I have a friend who then would bring me.
I await your response, very cute exer-
I pass a link to my collection.
http://www.btt.com.ar/nota/622/622030.shtml

looks like you got enough bikes dude, leave some for the rest of us yeah? :shock: :?

Re:

in response to the guy from Argentina - i'm only willing to sell the full bike wheels and all. Postage to Bolivia (hmm) would be expensive (£150+?) so prob not worth it.....

Thanks for the prompt response, complete buy, please check the cost of shipping to Bolivia and will pay for paypall 550 + shipping. regards

Re: Price Drop to £500

Obviously price was not to people's liking - decided to drop to £500 cash on collection. Or £520 inc delivery.
The other thing i have recently learnt is that it is a 15.5" frame - after reading the 'frame geometry' on the 1996 Marin catalogue that is uploaded to this site.
Any q's just send me a PM or post a reply here. Thanks, Baz

Back