*SOLD* Mountain Goat 'Escape Goat' frame (with fork options)

raidan73

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I love this frame but I can't ever see it getting to the head of the line so I am offering it up for sale. A 1991 Escape Goat 15" frame with chainstay u-brake mounts. For those who don't know this was just below the WTR in the line up and was hand built in the USA with Prestige tubing. This one has a nice head tube detailing and Mountain Goat head badge and I assume from the decals that it was imported to Switzerland by MTB Cycletech, who brought in many of the big brands from the US. It has been used and as such has scratches, chips and the like but has no dents or cracks. Apologies for the lack of photo's right now but I can take more if/when the weather improves!

Measures 15" centre bb to top of seat tube (13" c-c) with a 21.25" top tube (c-c). Takes a 1" headset and (I'm pretty sure) a 26.6mm post.

I have a couple of fork options should they be of interest. First is a fairly standard unicrown fork with u-brake mounts, which I can add for an additional £15. Second option is a near mint Prestige Tange Switchblade. The steerer would have to be cut down and have the threads extended and would be £85 extra. The Brave fork shown fitted is not available.

Price for the frame only is £170 including courier delivery to mainland UK. I'm happy to ship elsewhere at buyers cost. Payment by Paypal family/friends or buyer pays the fees.

Re: Mountain Goat 'Escape Goat' frame (with fork options)

Thanks guys, it is a really nice frame and they don't come along often

Beautiful, too small unfortunately :(

bump

Re:

Man that's a nice frame.
I have a set of manitou 1's that would sit lovely on the front of this.

Unfortunately a couple inches smaller than I would like ( ain't that the truth! )

Back