-SOLD- Judy SL plus spare parts and Eibach spring kit

Re: Judy SL plus spare parts

I'm sure Remko won't mind me answering when I say Judy's are easy to work on. One bolt each side as the end of each leg to undo them pull the lower legs off. There's a damper cartridge in the left leg, if working okay there's no need to remove are access this. Elastomers/ Spring stacks are easily accessible via the top caps. Plenty of info in the archive section under RockShox with service diagrams.

Re: Re:

Dicky71":14txp24t said:
I´m interested in the complete fork mostly. If you would send to Sweden & give me a price for just them, then you could sell off the spares to the others who have showed an interest for just the spares. Otherwise i could take the job lot & make a serious attempt to finish building up my Cannondale project. Are there spares available for these forks? Am i giong to need to replace the elastomers shortly, if i become the owner of them?

Regards,
Richard Lees.

Hi Richard,

This fork needs two new elastomers for each side. It's a combination of a spring and two elastomers.
The cartridge is working but leaking a bit.
You can just ride this fork or you can buy new elastomers and fix the cartridge.
Please notice that the inner legs are worn and polished. It misses the anodisation in the place that wears the most, the middle front side of both inner legs.

Shipping to Sweden will be cheap. Without track&trace or insurance this will be about 7.50 pound.

I can offer the fork only for 45 pound. Shipping included means a total of 52.50 pound.

Do the complete forks leak because of the polished area of the stantion? Are the fork crown interchangeable with other Rock Shox models? Lastly, can i build up at least one pair of fully functional forks out of the parts you have on offer?
Regards,
Richard Lees.

Re:

Hi Richard,
I think this fork won't be really suitable for your needs.
The Judy concept is straightforward but this specific fork needs attention and some patience to make perfect.

I've decided to keep one of the spare set of legs.
One of the spare crowns is sold.

I'd advice a Marzocchi Bomber as a nice and much better alternative.

What is preferable about a pair of Marzocchi Bomber forks? I don't know anything about them either.

Re:

Nice combination of springs and oil damping.
Very plush.
Heavy.
Check the Marzocchi site for the different types.
Avoid the "air" forks.

Re:

How does one fix a leaking cartridge? If i can get them in a condition where they don't collapse in the middle of the woods on a trail then i'm still interested. If the parts are available & i don't need to remortgage the house or sell one my organs to able to afford them, it still sounds like a viable project. I've never had or ridden a bike with front suspension. I'm a roadie that needs to get out in the winter aswell. Spinning classes don't do it for me.

Back