SOLD - Fox forks - F100x and I think a set of f80RLC

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Here we have the last of my fox collection that I am not keeping (aside from some F80RLC that I may put up for general sale, I've replied to a wanted ad, so first dibs is there.

First up is a set of F100x. Cosmetically a little rough around the edges, especially the crown, though the lowers are quite tidy aside from a patch of cable rub which I would expect a little t-cut would improve. Decals are also a little tatty in places.

Mechanically they should be fine. When I bought them I was advised they had been serviced, but I have never used them. Came to try them out and thought they were a little stiff, so have changed the oil and given them a good clean. Now I think they work as they should, but it is a little hard to judge as these are the terralogic forks, so only alow travel when bump thresholds are reached. Simulating this by hand is not easy, but I believe I have managed it and when the terralogic kicks in, you get nice travel. When it is not, the fork is pretty much locked out aside from a little travel, which I believe is how it should be (I used to have a set of these years ago, but only used them on a commuter bike, so no real experience). No marks to the uppers that I can see, and having had them out of the fork, I can say they are nice and clean all the way down.

With these I will include a damper from an F80x model. The bump threshold adjuster has broken off, but the damper is sound. As you can't get these anymore, the brass mass assembly may be useful if you need to replace the one in the F100x's as you can remove this from the damper shaft. I've also got some new style F100x decals that I can include, or even F90x, or even F80x in the older style (which I think are the best tbh). If you want, I can throw in a 10mm or 20mm travel reducer if you wanted to go down that road, which is what I was considering, hence the collection of decals.

Steerer is a healthy 211mm.

I paid £90 collected for these, it would be nice to get that back, especially as I've given them an oil change, but I'd take £80 plus post (around a fiver via MyHermes). Losing out, but I am trying to thin down what I have 'spare' and can't see me needing these forks with the planned 'cull' of frames I have to come.

Next up are what I believe to be some Fox F80RLC forks. They certainly had the RLC adjusters on when I got them (which I have stolen for another fork) and look to be the same height as the other F80RLC forks I have (which used to be F80x), and are a little shorter than the F100x above. The uppers seem very clean with no marking, but as you can see from the pics, the crown and lowers have been resprayed a cream.white colour, and some dodgy fox decals applied. I've not had these apart, but they appear to work, although there is evidence of a little oil leak, so these ones are strictly spares/repair. The unmarked CSU is probably worth a bit (Steerer is 188m), but lets say for the lot £40 plus post (again should be around a fiver via MyHermes).

Again, I can provide some newer style decals for these if you wish, not sure if I have white background 'fox' ones though.

If you wanted to take both, I would do them for £120 posted, which is great value imho.

I'll add pics and details of the other F80RLC forks that I have should the wanted ad poster not take me up on them. They are in very good condition, sport F80x decals (new old style decals still available from mojo for £2) and have just had an F80 RLC damper fitted and been given an oil change and foam ring fluid soak.

If my process are out or you fancy an offer, I'm all ears as I can't see these making themselves on to a bike, so would rather they went to a good/new home and were used as intended rather than gather dust in my garage.

Attachments

• IMAG0760.jpg
    IMAG0760.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 382
  • IMAG0761.jpg
    IMAG0761.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 383
  • IMAG0765.jpg
    IMAG0765.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 383
  • IMAG0764.jpg
    IMAG0764.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 383
  • IMAG0763.jpg
    IMAG0763.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 383
  • IMAG0762.jpg
    IMAG0762.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 383
Re: Fox forks - F100x and I think a set of f80RLC, perhaps 2

The other set of Fox f80 rlc are now sold.

Open to sensible offers on these to make space in the garage.

Added Steerer lengths, f100x are 211mm, f80 rlc are 188mm.

Re: F80 RLC

Ruby900turbo":1iohrs4i said:
Hi,
Do you know if the lockout works on the resprayed f80 rlc's?

Cheers, James.
Before I took the adjusters off for another set of forks, I did test them out and yes, the lockout did work, as did the other controls.

Re: Fox forks - F100x and I think a set of f80RLC

Second set of f80 rlc now sold too.

Back