sold Carlton Corsair (reynolds 531 frame) bike reduced

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Carlton Corsair by Raliegh at worksop , reynolds 531 main frame tubes finished in bronze metallic colour with half chrome front forks ( some rusting and pitting but will shine up) 21" or 53 cm from centre to centre and 22" or 56cm along top tube (in pics is how i have been riding it and i am 5ft 10"). spec is

10 speed gear system , with suntour shifters and raliegh fr & rr changers , 44 & 36 sized sr sakae crankset with 170mm arms that are fitted with atom 600 pedal date stamped 09 78 which ties in with age of bike . Birmalux alloy 27" wheels laced on to large flanged plessier hubs that are fitted with quick release levers , fitted with useable amberwall tyres .

Raliegh/wieman centre pull brake fr being 600 model and rear being 750 model with alloy dual position dia compe brake levers that are mounted on unbranded alloy drop bars that are fitted on a 65 mm raleigh stem .

Brown Norex leather saddle (similar to brookes b15 type) that is used and aged but cant see any splits , very clean rails and seat post that is nice and free in frame . ESGE gold chromplastic full mudgaurds fr & rr to compliment bike colour .Fitted with an unbranded steel rr rack , and cycle computer

the bad news is i have removed the dynamo set and the fork mounting point that is normally brazed on is missing .

have ridden bike a total of 30 miles in total and can report all is fine just needs a clean as it came with a layer of dust , top tube Corsair transfer is slighlty marked but apart from that bike is in very very good condition for a bike from end of the 70's

yours for £125 plus £25 carriage or can be collected from Northamptonshire

see link for extra pics

https://cid-bed2130ad9f4055c.skydrive.l ... MtJmJJg%24

Attachments

• corsair%20045.jpg
    corsair%20045.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,545
Good luck!
I picked up a Super Course recently for £80 but it was in really bad condition and had different bars and no saddle so..

Free Bump

Back