SOLD Bianchi Avanti

geb257

Devout Dirtbag
Due to spatial constraints I need to thin out my collection, so this one has to go. It's not particularly high-end, but it's a bit unusual so I thought I'd offer it up here before putting it on the open market. It's a Bianchi Avanti, I can't find much information on it but from the style and components I believe it's somewhere in the region of 1988-89. It's pretty original, however, since I've had it I've replaced all consumables including inner and outer cables, pads, tyres and tubes. I still have the original tyres (a Specialized Ground Master 26x19.5 and a Cheng Shin 26x2.0, both amberwall and with plenty of tread left but perhaps a touch of cracking) which the new owner is welcome to. The frame is pretty large (top tube – 22.5” c2c, down tube – 24.5” c2c, seat tube 21.5” c2c) I’m 6’1” and it’s fine for me, I think anyone between 5’9” – 6’2” should be ok. The entire bike has been stripped, cleaned and regreased. Original BB and headset are still on the bike, both function fine so I didn’t bother to replace. The bars were originally black but the paint was pretty shot so I blasted them and then gave them a light polish. Would be easily enough to spray them black again to restore the original paint scheme if so desired. The frame is made of Bianchi Hi-ten steel so it’s no lightweight, but it’s solid and not as heavy as you might expect. The frame has no structural damage or significant rust that I have found. The paintwork is mixed; it’s a lovely shade of Bianchi celeste and where the paint is still present it's in great nick with no fading and a good shine present. However, there are areas of significant paint loss, particularly around the seat cluster, which I’ve tried to show. I decided not to touch the paint given the beauty of the celeste and so instead have removed any surface rust and then protected the bare metal areas with first some metal polish and then some frame wax. All the componentry, being old actually made in Japan Shimano, is in very good nick. Overall, this is a nice ride, fully stripped and rebuilt, ready to ride. I’m just looking to get back what I’ve put into it, nothing ridiculous. Collection from south Bristol only I’m afraid. Full spec:

Frame – Bianchi Hi-ten steel in celeste
Forks – Bianchi Hi-ten steel unicrown
FD – Shimano FD-AX55 3 speed
RD – Shimano RD-L541 6 speed freewheel
Shifters – Shimano SL-MS41 thumbies, indexed rear
Brakes – Chang Star cantilevers
Cranks – Sakae SX
Rims – rear - Rodi Scout (assuming not original), front - Araya 26x1.5
Hubs – rear – unsure, front - kk
Tyres – Vittoria Voyager 26x2.3
Saddle – Velo Plush Gel Tech

Price: £100 NOW SOLD

Any other questions, please ask away.

Owen

Attachments

• BianchiAvanti_1.jpg
    BianchiAvanti_1.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 606
  • BianchiAvanti_2.jpg
    BianchiAvanti_2.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 604
  • BianchiAvanti_3.jpg
    BianchiAvanti_3.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 595
  • BianchiAvanti_4.jpg
    BianchiAvanti_4.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 596
  • BianchiAvanti_5.jpg
    BianchiAvanti_5.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 601
Re:

Hey is this bike still for sale? Would it be possible to come take a look and hopefully pick up on the weekend?

Back