SOLD 1997 Kona Explosif the Gold one in 18 inchs

EXPLOSIF

Retro Newbie
I am regretting this already but I have to clear some room in the garage and this is not getting ridden and just lurks under dust sheets for months on end. It is a custom build but I got the frame and forks from new the rest was gathered at the time from some of my other bikes or bought new when I had the money. It is still a great bike to ride and everything is working. Unfortunately there a few small chips on the paint but it still turn heads and gathers admirers whenever I do take it out.

Spec includes Kona Gold Reynolds frame, Marzocchi Bomber 2 forks, XT thumb shifters, XT rear mech (7speed), XTR front mech, Cook Bros cranks and skewers, Middleburn rings, One Hope and one Grey hubs, Mavic rims 231 and 7RC from memory, Onza brakes, XT pads, USE seat post, X-lite saddle, new Conti tires and tubes, BB will be LX or XT but can't remember but runs smooth anyway. Looking for £500 collected from Send nr Guildford.

url=https://flic.kr/p/25mBmBW]1997 Kona Exposif[/url] by Martin Billard, on Flickr

IMG_2724 by Martin Billard, on Flickr

IMG_2719 by Martin Billard, on Flickr

IMG_2713 by Martin Billard, on Flickr

IMG_2710 by Martin Billard, on Flickr

IMG_2708 by Martin Billard, on Flickr

IMG_2726 by Martin Billard, on Flickr

I will list on ebay after the weekend or break and sell as parts which I don't rally want to do.

Re: 1997 Kona Explosif the Gold one in 18 inch

Sorry to ask and I hope it sells in one but I’d be interested in the cranks should you split.

Interested in the frame if you end up spliting it.

mark

Re:

If I get enough interest for parts I will split but will give it a bit before I start with the spanner’s

mkone":2ubyzfle said:
Interested in the frame if you end up spliting it.

mark

Thanks for the interest I will wait a few days as would prefer to sell as a whole.

Re:

My favourite flavour Explosif. I expect that's seen some action at Newlands Corner (coincidentally, where I first cut my off-road teeth).

Great frame, too small for me or i'd be all over it. GLWS (although you will eventually regret selling).

Back