Feedback
View
SOLD

1993 Fat City Cycles Yo Eddy Team Fat Chance

Serial number: 600Y3M
Size: medium
Color: yellow
Frame and fork are handmade in Somerville Massachusetts, USA
DKG-made seat collar and Tooth Pick anti-chain suck pieces installed and included +NEW repro set of toothpicks included too (a set just went for $100 on eBay!)
Chris King baseplate on the Yo Eddy fork (unless you do not want it--I'm happy to keep it)
Joe's Brakes cantis f/r set in awesome condition

Up for your perusal is this gorgeous Fat City Cycles Yo Eddy Team Fat Chance frameset with the original fork and paint. This bike was purchased by the original owner in 1994 and built up with ultralight parts to weigh in at only 21 lbs. The 1993 model year had a couple great things about it: despite being still made in Somerville MA, the '93s were equipped with a threaded BB shell, suspension corrected geometry and fork length, and the Tooth Pick anti-chain suck device. Yet by '93, more and more buyers would have opted for a suspension fork-- the fact that this frame has the original rigid Yo Eddy (not a BOI) included, is rare and pretty awesome. The fact that Yo Eddy/BOI forks by themselves go for upwards of $500 at open auction is testament to how rare it is to find a frame with its original fork. Campy dropouts :)

Condition
Really good! There are signs of use and small scratches and nicks here and there. Overall this frameset is in really fantastic condition. Check the pics! Biggest blem is on the downtube above the T of the left of the two FAT logos, small squarish scratch out of the paint, could be easily touched up. No dents. All threads are in perfect shape. Since the original owner marred the downtube decals in a car carrier, I used black electrician's tape to fix them up, but this sale also includes a NEW set of downtube decals with the FAT logo in blue. All the other decals are in great shape, as you can see below.

The frame is straight and true. Takes a 68mm BB, 29.4mm seatpost, 135mm rear end.

Included is the 1995 Fat City Cycles catalogue---the LAST year they were listed with a Somerville address, the original hang tag with all the Fat City employee signatures, Fat City Cycles retail price list, and the instruction manual for the Prototype Machining Joe's Brakes.

Here's the bonus! This frameset is offered for sale with a full set of Joe's Brakes in near perfect condition. These are uber-rare and super powerful brakes that were made in Colorado in the heyday of the CNC era. They are much rarer than Graftons, albeit not as widely known. Very cool little brand though. Here's the write-up on BikePro: http://www.bikepro.com/products/brakes/ ... /joes.html

These brakes require the use of a sleeve that slides over the canti bosses. Instead of removing the sleeves, I thought I would first offer the brakes up as part of the package. If no one wants this frameset with the brakes, I will remove the sleeves and keep and/or sell the brakes separately. But first things first: dibs on everything for whoever wants first crack at it. The package = frame, fork, King baseplate, OEM DKG seat collar, F/R of Joe's Brakes with hangers and Kool Stop pads, Toothpick installed AND a new repro Toothpick set, and a new set of downtube decals + all the documentation listed above.

Shipping is additional and at actual cost, with the carrier chosen by the buyer. Packing is free and will be done very conscientiously. Insurance is optional, but if you don't opt for it, I'm not liable (that said, I've shipped several bikes and lots of parts outside the US and never lost anything…except to Brazil. Don't remind of Brazil)

PRICE: 975 GBP

PICS!

IMG_5971.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg

IMG_5973.jpg

IMG_5974.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5978.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5981.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5984.jpg

IMG_5985.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_5988.jpg

IMG_5989.jpg

IMG_5990.jpg

IMG_5991.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

See the sleeves?
IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_5994.jpg

IMG_5996.jpg

IMG_5997.jpg

IMG_5998.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

IMG_6003.jpg

IMG_6004.jpg

IMG_6005.jpg

Joes

I've got a weak spot for those brakes! Expressing an Interest and potential purchase of the brakes if not sold as package

I've got a couple in line for the brakes now, but in all honesty I am likely to keep them if the Yo Eddy buyer doesn't want them. I haven't seen another set in as nice shape in the last few years of looking.

And yep--I plan on scanning the stuff before I send it off. Happy to do so!

...:::SOLD:::...

Many thanks to everyone who inquired and for your interest. When you find the right Yo Eddy, grab it! They're fantastic rides.

Back