SOLD 1989 Kili Flyer Comp 19" - frame, forks & bits

Rodrigues

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Now on eBay: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3822075519

Cheaper for Retrobikers :)

or sale is my 1989 Kili Flyer Comp. Frame is 19" ( top tube C2C = 22") and was re-sprayed by Argos back in 2013 with decals from Gil. I rode it a fair bit and you can see from the pictures it has a few battle scars. The frame itself has no structural damage - the only small issue is it seems that the stays have edged in a bit closer together from the original 130mm spacing and it measures around 126mm now. I always used a 130mm OLD wheel with a little squeeze - unless you get it cold set I think putting in a 135mm would be impossible.

I purchased this as a frame only from Saracen Steve - it had been shot blasted and therefore went off to Argos for finishing. Forks are not Saracen original - but a lovely Ritchey set which aesthetically look very similar. I believe the frame is technically just the Kili Flyer - not the comp version. There is a small difference between the two - I'll check it out and update the thread.

Photos below - you can see before painting, post, and how it is today. Loads of other images at my Flickr in this album:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmwe2wMy

Price is £130 posted UK mainland. Paypal gift. Collection welcome for £15 less... (Cranleigh, Surrey Hills, Epsom area...or short drive within the area - can discuss).

Included with the frame and forks is an XT sharkfin & Deore DX headset (both installed) plus the original stem (150mm) and bars (cut down to around 500mm like all true XC race bars should be!).

Any questions please shout.

1. As it is today...

DSCF7299 by rodders., on Flickr

2. Built up and out burning up the trails....

20130806_194723 by rodders., on Flickr

3. Fresh back from Argos....

P1050374 by rodders., on Flickr

4. Naked....NSFW :cool:

P1040992 by rodders., on Flickr

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: 1989 Kili Flyer Comp 19" - frame & forks

Hi Rodrigues,

what are the dimensions of the Frame?

thx Martin

Back