BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I've come to the decision that this one is becoming a bit of a burden and is taking up valuable real estate in the shed. I have so many other projects that always seem to take priority and I don't see that changing any time soon, especially with two other 'dales on the go.

This is a 1984, 16" frame with 24" rear wheel - Cannondale's first MTB offering. As you can see the fork isn't original to the frame but is the correct type. Clearly the steerer needs to be cut down and could do with repainting to match the frame. The Suntour front mech, seatpost QR and the armchair Brooks saddle are all correct for the original build, as is the rear BMX style brake caliper. I will include a second rollercam (not pictured) to match the front and an adaptor plate to allow it to be mounted on the rear (see pic). The rims are very nice anodised Sun numbers stamped with Cannondale and the hubs are lovely and smooth Suntour XC (strangely the rear is QR but the front is solid axle). The tyres are more modern affairs but I'll include the and the tubes with the package. The frameset is free from cracks and dents although as you can see it does need a good clean and polish. Takes a 27.2mm post and standard 1" stem.

Price is £160 including UK postage and as usual I'm happy to ship overseas at cost.

Re: 1984 Cannondale SM500 project

That's an early one! cracking deal too. Cheers for the seatpost btw, got it on Friday

narcotitlan":71irmzq4 said:
That's an early one! cracking deal too. Cheers for the seatpost btw, got it on Friday

Thankyou sir :)

Re: Re:

heroin77":1zmpaj7f said:
lovely project!
you wouldn't happen to know how much shipping to germany would cost . . . ;)

Let me get back to you on that :)

I like that a lot, could you PM me the shipping costs as well?
I'm in Holland, should be the same as Germany I guess.
Second dibs please.

Glad your selling this now, and not in the middle of Sept, when I'm back down to St Ives

Good look with the sale...

Back