SOLD - £105 : Roberts Genesis / Lynx Parrilla F&F 18"

MatBH5

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Hello,

I'm pretty sure I'll regret this at some point :facepalm: , but I'm moving, need room and have other projects. So here goes...

For sale is a Roberts-built frame which I understand was a promotional item for Lynx who were manufacturers of lightweight anodised bolt kits in the early-90's (some magazine reviews of DOGS BOLX mention the bolt kits, so there was a relationship between the firms). It is possible this was a show frame for their products.

All the indicators point to this essentially being a Genesis (or 'Bottom Line', as these were referred as by Roberts in the early days, inc. the '92 catalogue), lugged bb but beautifully fillet-brazed elsewhere with a looped canti hanger and rack mounts. These were advertised as 531 ATB and Cromor OR mix; I've no reason to doubt this is the same.

Frame number states as Sept '92 and follows typical Roberts format.

Vital Stats:
18" c-t seat tube
Horizontal top tube, c-c 22.5"
1" headtube of 102mm
takes a 26.8 seatpost
top tube cable routing with roller for bottom pull rear mech
68mm bb
Weight frame : 2.4 kg
Weight fork : 0.94 kg

No cracks, dings, dents, no serious rust and all threads unwound just fine.

The paint is a lovely metallic flake red, not powdercoat. There are unfortunately many paint flaws, chips and some feint 'worming' in only a few areas, but I've not tried to touch in anything, what you see is totally unrestored - there must be a Boots No.7 in the correct colour. The paint colour really is lovely in the sun.

I have left the Lynx Parrilla stickers on, as new owner may want to keep this branding and copy the font etc... however, these are on top of the clear coat and so could be removed easily and actually that would make the frame look a lot tidier.

Otherwise, the Genesis was powdercoated, so if you wanted to go this route you've a cheap strip and fix back to an original style for the frame.

The frame came with curved black cro-mo forks, and will be sold with these. These are tigg'd so I would assume notbuilt by Roberts. The 'bottom line' came with P2's, so again a potential easy addition if you were to refinish the frame. I have also taken a picture with some RC-30's to show the look of a straight fork (these are not included ;) )

£105 collected (or, again, I travel a lot and have no issue meeting at a train station e.g. see below)
£120 in a box, delivered.

I can bring to London or Birmingham (central train stations) to meet up and handover (travel for work pretty frequently). PayPal gift or buyer pays fee or cold hard cash in person!

Photos shortly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,462
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,462
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,462
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,462
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,462
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,462
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,462
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,462
Re: Roberts Genesis / Lynx Parrilla F&F 18"

Absolute bargain. Shame It's too small. GLWTS .

Re:

B-bump... Would entertain offers reasonably close to asking price. Try your luck!

Re:

OK, let's try £25 off both prices! So £150 picked up (or I'll deliver if you're near any of my work destinations) or £165 posted. That assumes I've got my maths right.

Re:

Really, no takers?
How about another £10 off..?
£140 collected, £155 posted.
A Roberts frame, with fork!

Re:

Thanks, I too can't believe this hasn't gone.
If the stickers are putting anyone off - an easy rebadge into a Genesis - and based on comparison with my other frames and pictures on the web, there's no doubt this is a Chas.
Bump for the daytime crowd!
Fancy this? Try an offer!

Back