Sofa laptop

They have been good enough to sort me a returns label, so back it goes....
Thanks for the thought fluffy. I'm unfortunately of a (virtual) age where even getting me using a computer in the first place is a bit of a task, and I find touchscreens frustrating. My wife's iPad is perhaps the most infuriating object in the house, after me (imho) ;-)

So.... to alleviate the risk of non-functioning IT for a cretin like me, off to PC world I went.
And I have come back with a £199, ASUS C202 Chromebook.... and it's brilliant! Boots up in about 15 seconds, closes down in five.
Just has chrome on it, so I can see my web based gmail too. No storage or programmes on it, just the net, which is all I want this machine for. It's ace.
And the computer itself is all rubbery like the old toughbook laptops, so I can use it in the garage and under the car bonnet following parts diagrams ok. They even say it's splashproof! Tough enough to lob in a case to travel. Cheap enough that I won't cry if it dies...

You won't regret it.

My HP chromebook (that I'm on now) is about 4 years old, and just as fast as it was new. Hasn't missed a beat, and if it dies tomorrow, I'll buy again in a heartbeat.

For mainly web based usage, I can't fault it.

Back