so, tell me about these forks...

Joe

Retro Guru
I volounteer with a bicycle community workshop in brighton these days and rooting around in the back of the workshop I found these three forks. I'm 90% sure of their names etc but any info welcome as I want to sell them to help raise funds and keep the workshop going;

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Many thanks

Joe (& the cranks bicycle workshop Brighton)

scott uni shock
tange switchblade
bontrager

bontrager would pull good money on ebay. I didnt open the link for a closer look...

hi joe,

good to hear from you .

first one are Scott unishock , with carbon legs . early nineties . they were recalled as carbon had a tendency to unbond from the rest . not sure on value .

the others look like tange switchblades . They sell well .

edit : scant was quicker .

Hey Joe

First is a Scott Unishock. Are they carbon legs? PM me as I'd be keen for those to hang on my garage 'fork' wall

2nd and 3rd pictures aren't opening but I think they may be Tange Switchblades and an IRD.

The top ones a Scott Unishock, the other two I think are Bontys? I'm sure they're pretty high end though... What sort of bikes do you sell at Cranks btw, just checked out the website, awesome idea!

i'm sure the mods will want to shift this, but if either of the Rigid forks have a 1" steerer i'd like dibs please

Have sent PM

Scant got it spot on straightaway - all the rest of you are duff, go to the bottom of the class, you couldn't even copy his answer properly.....

scant":1ra0q2cr said:
scott uni shock
tange switchblade
bontrager

bontrager would pull good money on ebay. I didnt open the link for a closer look...

The bontragers have the canti bosses missing, there is just a hole where they should go. Is this a problem for them, or where they bolt on canti bosses ?

pete_mcc":yrqmjrq5 said:
Scant got it spot on straightaway - all the rest of you are duff, go to the bottom of the class, you couldn't even copy his answer properly.....

:LOL: , nearly spat cereal over the laptop screen :cool:

FluffyChicken":ut3qgv3j said:
The bontragers have the canti bosses missing, there is just a hole where they should go. Is this a problem for them, or where they bolt on canti bosses ?

They were bolt-on. The threads are fine too. :)

Back