So,...How retro are you?

Re:

Apart from my house, cars, bikes, clothes, watch, hair 'cut', shoes, Cologne, music taste, Hi-Fi, and electrical goods I'm a thoroughly modern man.

al.

Re:

Still wear Adidas Samba's, use a nokia 8800 (although the 6100 is a back up) don't own a car preferring just bikes and a bus, and my face is very retro

Well I own mainly 90's bikes, two 91's, a 92, a 94, a 97 and then a 2013.

My 'best car' is a 1992 Classic Mini designed in 1959, my Lupo is late 90's.

I listen to Absulutely Classic Rock on the radio so a whole mixture of decades there.

Born in 1978 but I'd say the 90's was my period.

Hmmmm...
Bikes: Mostly nineties, one eighties. Preference for that time.
Car. er...old. ( 2oo2 Focus)
Music: Older stuff - middle ages to the early noughties and then some er..."contemporary" music.
Stereo: Eighties/nineties NAD, Wharfedale, Aiwa and Cambridge.
Drums - Retro. ( Premier Signia - early nineties and the best drums ever )
Guitar: Modern ( Epiphone Nighthawk and Vox Modelling amp )
Clothes: Old. scruffy. Going for the itinerant Time Lord look.
Girlfriend. Late sixties model. ( That's 1960s not *in* her sixties)
Books: Everything.
Phone: Modern.
Computer: modern. Ish.

I think basically, I am old, rather than retro, but with retro leanings. And because it's cheaper. ( except Girlfriend who is Classic Vintage )

Born in '80, but I think the 90s were the happiest years since the 50s, and I sorely miss them, apart from being broke as I was during that period. So I got circa 25 MTBs in the last 3 years only, all built from '87 to '97, and not gonna get newer ones anytime soon, seeing new mass prod. models getting uglier and dearer, with their hollow soul.

I also think car building reached its peak sometime in the late 90s, so I truly understand people who still use iconic/classic/youngtimer cars and are happy with them. Maintenance costs can be kept at sensible levels, coolness& sheers joy are standard features in these models, durability is built in as well, depreciation is a long gone problem.

Telecommunication is getting worse by the minute, new OS-s are rather vulnerable to hacking attacks and hardvers die often only by an angry wink by its users, so thanks, I'm all for NOS Nokia 6310s, but it seems they are rare as rocking horse'poo sadly.

Filofaxes stay faithful reminders, even can be quite fun to browse them when one is getting sentimental about the past, so +1.

I'm already feeling quite oldschool, having no tattoes, piercings, STDs, taken no drugs apart from the hardest local Hungarian home-distilled brandies (60°+, but not the year of making ;) ), married with 3 kids&paying the goddamned mortgage. But sod it, I like it this way and plastic people never impressed me anyway, so I'm happy being retro!

fearfactoryüberalles":8z41han9 said:
Born in '80, but I think the 90s were the happiest years since the 50s, and I sorely miss them, apart from being broke as I was during that period. So I got circa 25 MTBs in the last 3 years only, all built from '87 to '97, and not gonna get newer ones anytime soon, seeing new mass prod. models getting uglier and dearer, with their hollow soul.

I also think car building reached its peak sometime in the late 90s, so I truly understand people who still use iconic/classic/youngtimer cars and are happy with them. Maintenance costs can be kept at sensible levels, coolness& sheers joy are standard features in these models, durability is built in as well, depreciation is a long gone problem.

Telecommunication is getting worse by the minute, new OS-s are rather vulnerable to hacking attacks and hardvers die often only by an angry wink by its users, so thanks, I'm all for NOS Nokia 6310s, but it seems they are rare as rocking horse'poo sadly.

Filofaxes stay faithful reminders, even can be quite fun to browse them when one is getting sentimental about the past, so +1.

I'm already feeling quite oldschool, having no tattoes, piercings, STDs, taken no drugs apart from the hardest local Hungarian home-distilled brandies (60°+, but not the year of making ;) ), married with 3 kids&paying the goddamned mortgage. But sod it, I like it this way and plastic people never impressed me anyway, so I'm happy being retro!

That sounds retro to me :D

Back